Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh I'm sure they reported in good faith. Nowhere have I ever suggested that they lie. When they say that Leicester aren't interested in Dunk I'm sure that's also in good faith.
I think that's extremely unlikely.

Indeed.

Why do you think Leicester WERE interested in Dunk? If you're basing that on the debunked Leicester Mercury article (repeated by lazy hacks), then you are wrong... if you were basing it on ITK tw@ts on here, then more fool you...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All evidence suggests it was correct... and we know because (a) Leicester immediately went for other players at other clubs once Maguire was sold
So we know for a fact that Leicester didn't ask Brighton if Dunk would be available? It's not possible that Brighton simply told Leicester that Dunk was our Captain and wouldn't be going anywhere?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am pointing out that the Argus repeatedly said we were after Maupay long before he was actually signed... so, they answered one tweet incorrectly? So ****ing what!? As I said, pedant...
Nothing pedantic about it at all. How many tweets they made is irrelevant. They said there was no truth in it, but there was. That's what we were discussing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why do you think Leicester WERE interested in Dunk?
I didn't say they were. It wouldn't be a surprise if they were, given that they were likely to lose their best central defender, but I don't know whether they were or not.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So we know for a fact that Leicester didn't ask Brighton if Dunk would be available? It's not possible that Brighton simply told Leicester that Dunk was our Captain and wouldn't be going anywhere?

Of course... but... it is more likely that they never even enquired IMHO...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Nothing pedantic about it at all. How many tweets they made is irrelevant. They said there was no truth in it, but there was. That's what we were discussing.

My point is that, at the point the tweet was sent, that was the Argus' best understanding... then they corrected themselves, and not just via twatter... so what is your problem with them?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I didn't say they were. It wouldn't be a surprise if they were, given that they were likely to lose their best central defender, but I don't know whether they were or not.

Well, I'm almost certain (not 100% certain) that they weren't... and I've explained repeatedly why...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course... but... it is more likely that they never even enquired IMHO...
Maybe, I don't know, but my (original) point was that the Argus saying it wasn't happening didn't suddenly make it impossible that it was.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My point is that, at the point the tweet was sent, that was the Argus' best understanding... then they corrected themselves, and not just via twatter
Ok so you're saying they were wrong and corrected themselves. That's fine by me.
... so what is your problem with them?
I don't have a problem, I'm just saying that when they say there's nothing in a rumour, that doesn't mean that there's nothing in a rumour, and it seems you agree.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Maybe, I don't know, but my (original) point was that the Argus saying it wasn't happening didn't suddenly make it impossible that it was.

I believe the Argus' key point on Dunk was that he is 95% gonna stay... looking like they were correct...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ok so you're saying they were wrong and corrected themselves. That's fine by me.
I don't have a problem, I'm just saying that when they say there's nothing in a rumour, that doesn't mean that there's nothing in a rumour, and it seems you agree.

Hmmm... I am saying the Argus are a reliable source, more reliable than most of the media, and certainly more reliable than the ITK tw@ts on here...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No mention of a move for Dunk in Leicestershire. End of this thread?

4DA4BEF8-708C-438D-BA4E-BFA4C0A7068C.png

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So Dunk went to Leicester then? Well he must have, because Neil Ashton, Henry Winter and Oliver Holt all said he was going to on Sunday Supplement last weekend. Oh, wait ...

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't have happened with Brendan 'all about me - pissface' Rodgers.

[tweet]1161166745601634305[/tweet]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
So Dunk went to Leicester then? Well he must have, because Neil Ashton, Henry Winter and Oliver Holt all said he was going to on Sunday Supplement last weekend. Oh, wait ...

NOBODY KNOWS ANYTHING.

Tony knows. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here