Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
So you're telling me that Dunk has been told if Maguire leaves Leicester he is off there, but if he doesn't he stays?
Seems like very strange man management.

So Dunk is just waiting by the phone, bags half packed...

No. The one person who we haven’t heard anything from is Dunk...which in and of itself should tell you something... What I am led to believe is that the Maguire - Man Utd discussion came up during the last window and Leicester opened a channel to us after Rodgers got in place.

The view there was that Lewis was the perfect replacement IF Maguire elected to go and IF United met their price.

Lewis indicated that he would consider a move and TB indicated how much money we would accept.

Until now all we know is that Harry wants to go and Leicester have refused to sell him cheap. To an extent that is the whole deal. Lewis would take the transfer and TB has agreed a price. Leicester have to meet that price for our best defender since Lawrenson. So...again...Maguire deal goes ahead, Lewis goes.

It ain’t that complicated.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My sister text me to say Dunk had signed for Leicester :facepalm:
..tried to explain it was The Sun ...day b4 Leicester Mercury had a story saying Dunk was 95% certain to stay at Brighton ..obviously picking up on Naylors tweet and spinning it ...2 mins later my Dad text me to say Dunk was on his way to Leicester because my sister has said so ..a friend had told her because ..yes it was in The Sun :facepalm:

I think that is 99% of transfer rumours; two people see the same source, they both tell the same person, that person then presents the rumour because they've heard it from a couple of people. See also someone suggesting who they'd like as a replacement being confused with a club being interested.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
No. The one person who we haven’t heard anything from is Dunk...which in and of itself should tell you something... What I am led to believe is that the Maguire - Man Utd discussion came up during the last window and Leicester opened a channel to us after Rodgers got in place.

The view there was that Lewis was the perfect replacement IF Maguire elected to go and IF United met their price.

Lewis indicated that he would consider a move and TB indicated how much money we would accept.

Until now all we know is that Harry wants to go and Leicester have refused to sell him cheap. To an extent that is the whole deal. Lewis would take the transfer and TB has agreed a price. Leicester have to meet that price for our best defender since Lawrenson. So...again...Maguire deal goes ahead, Lewis goes.

Can I just ask, where and when did Lewis say he would “consider a move”?

I don’t keep my nose in the papers or the gossip columns, so may have missed it...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Can I just ask, where and when did Lewis say he would “consider a move”?

I don’t keep my nose in the papers or the gossip columns, so may have missed it...

That’s the insider bit. He hasn’t publicly declared that he will never leave...nor has he expressed a desperation to go.

All I know is he was approached, said he was interested, and that’s it.

I imagine he’s happy at Brighton. I don’t think he’s actively looking to move, but I think he saw that a deal was there if he wanted it.

I’d do the same if I was him. I guess you would too if another employer said he’d double your wages.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I wasn’t aware that we had heard anything from anyone other than those claiming to be ITK.

Certainly nothing from either club.

OK. If we have a discussion and someone says “I’ve heard this” then either you believe them or you don’t. You don’t know me so therefore I’m wrong. I’m not. I don’t just make stuff up, but again...you don’t know me so I’m lying.

Either I’m right, or I’m wrong. Either way, there it is.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

And it ain't that true :)

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

So all your knowledge is based on discussions that took place in the last window back inJanuary?
But since them bruno has retired which frees up the captaincy which could well be a deciding factor in him staying could it not?
Or do you have further information that’s not 6 months old?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
So all your knowledge is based on discussions that took place in the last window back inJanuary?
But since them bruno has retired which frees up the captaincy which could well be a deciding factor in him staying could it not?
Or do you have further information that’s not 6 months old?

If Dunk does go I will be as pissed off as everyone else. I’m just saying that I’ve had it, on impeccable authority, that this is what went down.

If I’m wrong or lying...I’ll have to live with the shit. I’m not lying.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If Dunk does go I will be as pissed off as everyone else. I’m just saying that I’ve had it, on impeccable authority, that this is what went down.

Yes but can you confirm that this impeccable authority was 6 months ago?
Because back then not only did we have a team captain firmly in place but we had a completely different manager and back room staff!
Just saying Dunky’s position may have changed somewhat?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
If I’m just saying that I’ve had it, on impeccable authority, that this is what went down.

I don't think many on here would acuse you of lying BH, but we crave HARD evidence!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Somebody is sounding more and more like Seagullwedgee

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Well here's a thing...

ESPN from a few minutes ago - sources - Man Utd are "miles away from a Maguire deal" . ie: Leicester, who don't want to sell, sound like they've done what Albion intend to do. Scare off suitors.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/soc.../sources-man-utd-miles-away-from-maguire-deal

Astonishing that, isn't it? Because only yesterday the Sun website (copied by a number of outlets today) reported that the deal was done. It's almost as if nobody really knows what's going on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here