Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Dunk would be mad to join a team with similar expectations to us. He's too good for that level. He should wait until one of the top 6 come sniffing around otherwise many will slam Dunk for a lack of ambition seeing that he's on the fringes of the England team and yet joins bloody Leicester from a team (us) with similar attendance's to them, better run and arguably have bigger potential.

Stick with the better club until better comes along

If you think we are a similar club to Leicester I fear you have very Albion tinted glasses on. Leicester are the best of the rest outside the top six, if they have a good season are contenders for qualifying for Europe and historically are a much bigger side. If we stay in the Premier League for another 5-6 years we might be in a position to compete with #teamslikeleicester

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you think we are a similar club to Leicester I fear you have very Albion tinted glasses on. Leicester are the best of the rest outside the top six, if they have a good season are contenders for qualifying for Europe and historically are a much bigger side. If we stay in the Premier League for another 5-6 years we might be in a position to compete with #teamslikeleicester

While that’s true I was at a live recording of Albion Roar with Paul Hayward of The Telegraph where he pretty much said “if Leicester can do that, so can Brighton” when talking about a title challenge they were in the middle of at the time. We are a very similar type of CLUB. They are currently way ahead of us but they show how we shouldn’t limit our ambitions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

Historically we're not, but some people do seem to view Leicester (imho) as much more than the club they actually are.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be appalled if we sold Dunk to a newly promoted team. Luckily that is just an HITC guess.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
In which specific ways are you a very similar type of club?

Size and age of ground, current support, catchment area, decent chairman.

As opposed to aging death trap, 24000 fans (dropping to 11K in the Championship) and a coiffured ponce who is kept as a pet by some ultras, has to share finances with the Yanks and is rumoured to be looking to sell.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
While that’s true I was at a live recording of Albion Roar with Paul Hayward of The Telegraph where he pretty much said “if Leicester can do that, so can Brighton” when talking about a title challenge they were in the middle of at the time. We are a very similar type of CLUB. They are currently way ahead of us but they show how we shouldn’t limit our ambitions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Until Leicester fluked* the title, you would have said there was very little to choose between them and Southampton. Their grounds are more or less identical and their historical records are somewhat similar. And I wouldn't say we are very far behind Southampton on the evidence of the past two seasons.

You could argue that Leicester have temporarily moved ahead because of the revenues from their Champions League adventures and the sales of Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez. But the idea that they are somehow an established top-half club is illusory. Like Stoke and West Brom, one bad season and they could be back in the Championship. That's true of any club below the top six.

* Yes they did. Most of their players had career years, the big six clubs all had off seasons and they had no injuries to speak of.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
So nothing relevant then. :D

No response to the second point then? All the eggs still in the "coked up hoodies chucking decent season ticket holders out of their seats" basket? Let's hope Prince Charming is around to protect them, eh?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At the end of the day everyone has his or her price, but I am a bit non plused with these rumours.

I would be very surprised if he was going to go that it would not be Arsenal. I know when we played them home and away, their boards were alive with how he was exactly what they were missing. I see th point about Leicester as they are a far better team than us and have the ability to sign some very good players, which we do not, but I am not sure about villa

. My villa supporting mate says that their defence was pretty good, and they were looking to strengthen the midfield and up front( they are after a couple of Brazilian forwards seemly)

I can’t see us letting him go to be honest.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I say he is, very soon, for a fee that will disappoint many....

I don't get these really subtle spoof accounts.

Clarke is not a replacement for anyone. He will be an understudy to D&D, and may occasionally be used with both if we experiment with 352 or 3411, should the opportunity/need exist. There is a small chance we will lose Dunk, estimated at 1 in 6. If we do, a PL ready now CB will be brought in, and in such an event it increases/accelerates slightly the chances of Clarke being needed for first team action. Good strategy, great deal, good insurance.

3 days ago. I suppose a lot can happen over a weekend in the off season....

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I can't see the Leicester move attracting Dunk. Yes they are a bigger club than us, yes they are an established Premier league Club, yes they are not going to be a relegation candidate, yes he would probably double his wages.

That's him gone then:)

To be honest if Dunky was allowed to move I think he would consider any offer that may be placed in front of him. (or his agent) I just don't think we would consider any offers under 35 million and I can't see any club paying that sort of money for him. Now if Arsenal made an offer around that Mark Dunks head WOULD be turned and he may put in a request to leave. I just can't see him putting in a request to leave if that offer was from Leicester.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Are Leicester really that much bigger club than us? Really that a big a step up for Dunk?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Are Leicester really that much bigger club than us? Really that a big a step up for Dunk?

In his eyes, if they pay 70kpw rather than our 40kpw, and they are shooing for Europe rather than survival, and if that then helps his international prospects, then yes, they are.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here