Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Except that he isnt consistently our most reliable and inspirational player. On occasions yes but not consistently

I swallowed humble pie about 5 years ago regarding Dunk. I honestly thought he was a decent (but nothing more) championship player. He proved me wrong and has had 4 or 5 very consistent seasons since, mostly eradicating the sort of mistakes that led me to erroneously believe he didn't quite have the mentality to succeed.

Do you know what, it wouldn't hurt you, if once in a while, you backed down and admitted you are just like the rest of us and that you were capable of misjudgement.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Duffy is the classic 'stopper', even the greatest clubs in history such as ACMilan and Internazionale had one or two in their teams. His sole job is to defend, battle.

Dunk's the more all round player, with a bit more pace and more comfortable on the ball.

(Both are leaders).

Definitely.....partly why they work so well together, too. Greater than the sum of their parts.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I would put Duffy above him as a defender as being most valuable not in cash terms but in playing terms.

Obviously Chris and Graham who see them both day in and day out agree with you, that's why they made Duffy captain.

Oh...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Definitely.....partly why they work so well together, too. Greater than the sum of their parts.

Good way of putting it.....with that in mind I would put Burn and Webster replacement for Dunk while the Pompey oik ( joking) more of a replacement for Duffy?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good way of putting it.....with that in mind I would put Burn and Webster replacement for Dunk while the Pompey oik ( joking) more of a replacement for Duffy?

Cover...not replacements......[emoji106]

Reckon it’ll be Duffy, Dunk and Webster as first choice back 3 most of this season with Burn getting plenty of gametime as injuries and suspensions occur.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Isn't Clarke supposed to be comfortable on the ball with a good range of passing rather than a stopper?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Isn't Clarke supposed to be comfortable on the ball with a good range of passing rather than a stopper?

Maybe but he was cheaper than Webster. So in my upside down world he cost approx the same as Duffy so he is the same dependable agricultural player with less football finesse than Dunk, Burn and Webster.......i know what I mean:thumbsup:

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
I think suitors would value him at £30-40M

& I think we wouldn't sell him @ value. & I don't see why he would push for a move to Leicester.

So if they really wanted him negotiations would have to start at £50-60M +

Which I would hope just makes the whole thing unlikely.

He is now the top defender in the Premiership so offers for him could not be ignored, and his salary would be far in excess of what we could afford.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I swallowed humble pie about 5 years ago regarding Dunk. I honestly thought he was a decent (but nothing more) championship player. He proved me wrong and has had 4 or 5 very consistent seasons since, mostly eradicating the sort of mistakes that led me to erroneously believe he didn't quite have the mentality to succeed.

Do you know what, it wouldn't hurt you, if once in a while, you backed down and admitted you are just like the rest of us and that you were capable of misjudgement.

Football is a game of opinions and BG is as entitled to his as you are to yours.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not rate Dunk as highly as many on here but still wouldn't want to ,lose him even for a large fee. If I had to chose 1 to sell and 1 to keep I would sell Dunk as I think that he would be less of a loss to our playing and would command a higher fee.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He is now the top defender in the Premiership so offers for him could not be ignored, and his salary would be far in excess of what we could afford.

Eh!? VVD is the top defender in the Prem!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Football is a game of opinions and BG is as entitled to his as you are to yours.

But he has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of judgment regarding Dunky; he is, in short, a clown [emoji1782].

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I do not rate Dunk as highly as many on here but still wouldn't want to ,lose him even for a large fee. If I had to chose 1 to sell and 1 to keep I would sell Dunk as I think that he would be less of a loss to our playing and would command a higher fee.

Bit of an interesting contrast there...commands a higher fee but less of a loss..hmmm

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
But he has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of judgment regarding Dunky; he is, in short, a clown [emoji1782].

No need for bullying comments. That’s just belittling the guy.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No need for bullying comments. That’s just belittling the guy.

He deserves what he gets... however, let me rephrase... his judgement of Dunk’s value to our team demonstrate clown-like levels of stupidity...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Any side that loses three 1st XI personalities as big as Bruno, Knockaert and Dunk in one summer is asking for trouble.

There's a case for cashing in on Dunk, but it's not a good one and definitely not this summer, especially if Murray falls off a cliff mid-season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here