Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Andone , Murray , Locadia , Hemed ( likely to go ) , Connolly

Can't see another striker coming in.

Possibly covered at the back now as well . Clarke may even of been the man , we don't know.

TB will get some return on his investment though , cant begrudge him that

I think his ambition stretches further than short-term repayment, for that is assured relegation.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol

Possibly covered at the back now as well . Clarke may even of been the man , we don't know.

Covered at the back? If we lose Dunk?!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’m not sure that will be at the forefront of his mind ...and as for covered at the back I don’t have quite the same confidence

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

TB will get some return on his investment though , cant begrudge him that[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure that will be at the forefront of his mind ...and as for covered at the back I don’t have quite the same confidence

I'd imagine what is would be a desire for his investment to pay itself, for the time being.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008

I'd feel very uneasy if this was the case. Murray showed that age was catching up with him in the second-half of last season, and Andone is a red card waiting to happen. I think both are valuable squad players, but I would feel very nervous going into next season without strengthening in this key position - especially given that it was our Achilles' Heel last year.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'd feel very uneasy if this was the case. Murray showed that age was catching up with him in the second-half of last season, and Andone is a red card waiting to happen. I think both are valuable squad players, but I would feel very nervous going into next season without strengthening in this key position - especially given that it was our Achilles' Heel last year.

Can't argue too much with that but lets not forget part of the reason we were so reliant on the performances of Old Man Murray was the distinct lack of goals from everywhere else on the pitch. Except for Duffy.

I agree we need to strengthen but if we're to push ahead I think we need to be looking for other players to step up and bang a few in as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
To be clear - what Naylor reported this morning was

- If Maguire sale goes through
- Dunk is on Leicester shortlist with a number of others (presumably Tarkowski and others)
- If they make a move then Bloom will ask for more than £40-45m being speculated.

[tweet]1150681880938852352[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Andone yes, Murray should not be focus, Locadia is wide man not outright striker, Hemed should go, Connolly hopeful but untried. so one real striker (Andone) and supporting cast, i certainly hope we are looking for a new striker.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He's changed his tune in the last 48 hours hasn't he?

Not at all. He has added extra information to his previous comments.

Of course Dunk will be on Leicester's shortlist if they're looking to buy a direct replacement for Maguire. And if they enquire, Bloom will quote them a price that might make him interested in selling. Everyone has a price. But it may be way above their valuation.

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
To be clear - what Naylor reported this morning was

- If Maguire sale goes through
- Dunk is on Leicester shortlist with a number of others (presumably Tarkowski and others)
- If they make a move then Bloom will ask for more than £40-45m being speculated.

[tweet]1150681880938852352[/tweet]

I love Dunk and really hope he stays but if he goes for more than £50m he would become one of the top 40 most expensive players of all time - Bloom will have played an absolute blinder.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not at all. He has added extra information to his previous comments.

Of course Dunk will be on Leicester's shortlist if they're looking to buy a direct replacement for Maguire. And if they enquire, Bloom will quote them a price that might make him interested in selling. Everyone has a price. But it may be way above their valuation.

I'm really not a Naylor basher, but he has denied this since the rumour started. Even 2 days ago he 'could not work out' where this rumour was coming from. Yet now he has enough proof to say Dunk is on Leicester short list.

My main point here is that the tone is definitely changing - for the worse IMO

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I'm really not a Naylor basher, but he has denied this since the rumour started. Even 2 days ago he 'could not work out' where this rumour was coming from. Yet now he has enough proof to say Dunk is on Leicester short list.

My main point here is that the tone is definitely changing - for the worse IMO

Dunk being on a shortlist is a bit of a no brainer ..so can’t really see why you are questioning Naylor and i’m Not his biggest fan..all pretty straightforward to me

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Leicester won't pay that.

Agree. Why I believe that he won’t go - (74th) big new contract and club captaincy instead.

My point was more, if Naylor is correct we’d be getting way more than Dunk is actually worth. Similarly, Maguire is not worth £80m but Leicester would be foolish to keep him if the offer is on the table.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree. Why I believe that he won’t go - (74th) big new contract and club captaincy instead.

My point was more, if Naylor is correct we’d be getting way more than Dunk is actually worth. Similarly, Maguire is not worth £80m but Leicester would be foolish to keep him if the offer is on the table.

Players worth what people will pay I guess ..stupid figures and they start setting the precedent for future sales ..

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dunk being on a shortlist is a bit of a no brainer ..so can’t really see why you are questioning Naylor and i’m Not his biggest fan..all pretty straightforward to me

I am asking what changed between 48 hours ago when he couldn't work out where this rumour was coming from and his comments this morning

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am asking what changed between 48 hours ago when he couldn't work out where this rumour was coming from and his comments this morning

Isn’t it just that he’s surmising Dunk would be on a shortlist if McGuire goes ...which you’d guess he would be anyway

He is on his last week bless him :D

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Maybe it's the same sort of thing that changed between Naylor pompously dismissing Albion fans who suggested the side had under-performed under Hughton last season, and Tony Bloom sacking Chris Hughton for the side under-performing last season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here