Page 61 of 150 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111 ... LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You say that but I am really liking the look of Leicester's squad this coming season. And from their point of view, they'd be replacing an England international centre half for a slightly less proven but nevertheless England international centre half AND £40 MILLION. If they invested that in another top quality player, they are challenging for the top 6 every bit as much as Arsenal.
    Couldn't agree any more.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavuatbtn View Post
    Rodgers earmarking him for £45m being touted in today’s “i”.
    That's a snap that right up, surely? We all know Dunk's potential and I don't think he'll reach that potential with us. We have some decent centre backs in our squad, Balogun and Clarke being possible replacements. Balogun still has plenty to offer IMO.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by b.w.2. View Post
      Somewhat overplaying the mate’s dad thing there. As I keep saying, Arsenal makes sense as a move for Dunky, Leicester not so much...
      Whilst I'm sure Arsenal is a more attractive option (big 6, closer to home etc) and Leicester is less attractive, let's not get above our station and suggest it would be some sort of sideways move.

Leicester have assembled an exciting, largely young squad that are capable of mixing it with the three lesser sides of the big 6, and have a manager who has the potential to get a lot out of that squad.

Beyond that, if there is not a big 6 suitor for Dunk, then this is very possibly his best chance of securing a move that could get him some form of European football and further his ambitions for an England squad place.

And there'd be the small matter of a sizeable pay boost too.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SollysLeftFoot View Post
      Couldn't agree any more.

That's a snap that right up, surely? We all know Dunk's potential and I don't think he'll reach that potential with us. We have some decent centre backs in our squad, Balogun and Clarke being possible replacements. Balogun still has plenty to offer IMO.
      What about Dan Burn?
      Don't make old people mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

3 Not allowed!
      Name 3 of our players that could walk into Leicesters starting line up . . . .

1) Dunk
      2) Duffy possibly
      er . . . .

Sideways move my arse.

0 Not allowed!
      Beyond gutted if this happens but it's a great move for him. No question.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

0 Not allowed!
      If football is run as a business,and we all know it is,then selling Dunk at the height of his value,makes sense.If we get relegated,because of that ,the gamble has been lost.Tony Bloom ,loves a flutter .....!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SollysLeftFoot View Post
      Couldn't agree any more.

Balogun is not Premier League quality. A German friend of mine came over after his debut and ‘why on earth have you signed Balogun, he’s a mistake every game in the Bundesliga’. I was a bit taken aback after a decent performance against MU. Each performance thereafter however, it became apparent exactly what my German friend was talking about. If he is our starting option, I don’t care how innovative Potter is, we’re on our way out of this league.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simster View Post
      You say that but I am really liking the look of Leicester's squad this coming season. And from their point of view, they'd be replacing an England international centre half for a slightly less proven but nevertheless England international centre half AND £40 MILLION. If they invested that in another top quality player, they are challenging for the top 6 every bit as much as Arsenal.
      As a BHA fan I couldn't give a crap how Leicester's squad 'is looking' barring them being one of the teams we'll need to try and get points from to stay in this league, and to go as far as to say you are 'liking' the look of their squad is quite something. The Leicester love-in on this board is borderline nauseating. Will you be clapping them onto the pitch at the Amex in their top six challenge quest? Be an 'overall' football fan by all means, but rein in the gushing a bit!
      Palacefinder General - Hunting undercover Palace fans on NSC since 1696
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I think people are being very quick to assume Balogun "is not Premier League quality". He might not be as good (consistent) as Dunk is right now, but why can't he become more consistent with more games? John Stones makes plenty of mistakes, Maguire can make mistakes - Smalling, Lindeloff, Sokratis, Lovren all make mistakes with some regularity which is why VVD is so unique right now. Balogun is good enough to play in the Premier League - more games and confidence will help him..

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Steve Earle View Post
      Nobody compliments Duffy more than Dunk. In interviews, Dunk has often praised Duffy. They are clearly best mates.
      So were Dunk and Goldson.