Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So I don’t think we should go all out palace but think you need to be more flexible in this market if you want the quality to survive at this level.

Well we have survived. And clubs like Burnley have likewise. Bloom has bought in Ashworth (development) and Potter to ensure we develop and to give us as much chance as we can after last years horrors and has faith , so far, in his development team who have done better than you'd imagine given the criticism on here. And he's put ££ into the academy and overseas punts in hope it brings fruit and there are signs that this is starting to happen. But he's clearly not willing to subsidise the club any further (fair enough i guess) to give it a transfer/wages budget thats not bottom 6.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well we have survived. And clubs like Burnley have likewise. Bloom has bought in Ashworth (development) and Potter to ensure we develop and to give us as much chance as we can after last years horrors and has faith , so far, in his development team who have done better than you'd imagine given the criticism on here. And he's put ££ into the academy and overseas punts in hope it brings fruit and there are signs that this is starting to happen. But he's clearly not willing to subsidise the club any further (fair enough i guess) to give it a transfer/wages budget thats not bottom 6.

He doesn't need to subsidise the club further to increase the wage structure.

I suspect this is exactly what we will do and is part of the reason for AK departing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
He doesn't need to subsidise the club further to increase the wage structure.

I suspect this is exactly what we will do and is part of the reason for AK departing.

Sorry i'm not sure how adding more to the wage bill doesn't involve more subsidy from TB.
Yes. There might be financial, and playing reasons for AK going. But most likely is that he wants to play and he'd expect to be an ever present at Fulham. He started only 18 times last season and with Potter playing 4-2-3-1 -thus sometimes 1 out and out winger, so there were risks he might have started even fewer times this season.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I read that LCFC were a bit alarmed at the valuation we placed on Dunk (with add-ons) because they were becoming less confident of getting their valuation from MUFC for Maguire. That MUFC deal now seems to be back on, potentially with an all-in figure of £80m. Which restores LCFCs confidence in their own budget available. They have not yet been back to us. But Arsenal have since apparently enquired. Which is interesting.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Sorry i'm not sure how adding more to the wage bill doesn't involve more subsidy from TB.
Yes. There might be financial, and playing reasons for AK going. But most likely is that he wants to play and he'd expect to be an ever present at Fulham. He started only 18 times last season and with Potter playing 4-2-3-1 -thus sometimes 1 out and out winger, so there were risks he might have started even fewer times this season.

Because we are in the green and will likely be again come the end of financial year, and that was based on two consecutive seasons of spending circa 60M in fees, for which we are 40M shy so far this window.

We are at something like 55% of our income I think I read? Palace (the other extreme I know) are at 80%~. Plenty of room in between for incremental increases in wage budget which will not need to be subsidised and will not put us at risk.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Not criticising the academy investment that was always going to be a long term ambition and will take time to see the results and Ashworth is a great appointment. But that is long term it’s about how we survive in the PL in the shorter term. And if you read my post again I am not saying we should increase budget but maybe more quality over quantity

Ali J. £17m
Izquierdo. £14m
Locadia. £14m

All 3 were calculated punts would much rather have 1 punt and use combined value of the other two to buy someone who represents less risk and is more likely to be a proven starter at this level.

Just for me current policy appears very high risk and it may just be enough to cling onto our PL status but our squad looks weak at the moment and we have taken a calculated gamble in potter (which again was a positive move) just think whilst he finds he feet would be good to get him in some proper quality in the starting 11 rather than another punt that takes a year+ to settle.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I read that LCFC were a bit alarmed at the valuation we placed on Dunk (with add-ons) because they were becoming less confident of getting their valuation from MUFC for Maguire. That MUFC deal now seems to be back on, potentially with an all-in figure of £80m. Which restores LCFCs confidence in their own budget available. They have not yet been back to us. But Arsenal have since apparently enquired. Which is interesting.

You will need to predict something that actually happens, rather than conjure up a fictitious account of events that have already occurred.

If you don't want people creasing up at everything you say, that is.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I really don't see Leicester as an upward move for Dunk, only personal benefit being a pay rise. Arsenal is different gravy though.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Not trying to share privileged information at all, that’s why I started my post with the words “I read...”. Still, don’t miss a chance to have a go, eh?

Anyway, we know LD does not under any circumstances want to be seen to be agitating for a deal, and is not interested in an LCFC deal. Arsenal however, that is why I described what I read as “interesting”.....

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Perhaps Dunk will be loaned to Leicester with the option to buy at the end of the season?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

It's probably been suggested before but I would imagine talks between the two clubs (Leicester or the Arse and us) are fairly advanced with a one season loan deal - loan fee of apx £5 mil - and an option to buy for £15mil at the end of the loan period being the most favoured and likely outcome. The club will describe the deal as an "everyone wins" deal.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It's probably been suggested before but I would imagine talks between the two clubs (Leicester or the Arse and us) are fairly advanced with a one season loan deal - loan fee of apx £5 mil - and an option to buy for £15mil at the end of the loan period being the most favoured and likely outcome. The club will describe the deal as an "everyone wins" deal.

Honestly, I can’t see any of that happening. This would be a big ticket deal, if it happens. A loan fee is no use to us whatsoever on such a deal. And if the total remuneration were £20m I think there might be a riot at the Fans Forum. Just my view.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Where did you read it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Clearly wrong. Andy Naylor's tweet while still with the Argus, in reply to reports of a £45 million offer, was "must pay more". Dunk isn't Knockaert.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

How do we win? Why on earth would we loan our best player? Makes no sense to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here