Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’m sure you understand that there are often complexities and competing interests that will ensure a deal is either done or not. I’m unhappy about this ITK slandering because, I shit you not, the Dunk to Leicester speculation dates back to May and my “source” is impeccable in his or her pedigree when it comes to our club.

I’ve learnt that posting these insights on here these days is a pointless exercise. There was a time, when we were small time plodders, playing in ridiculous venues to small crowds that these subjects were fair and encouraged. Once we became the rock n roll big time Charlie’s with hordes of JCL dickheads who see innocent gossip as almost a voodoo charm driving our stars out that it’s no longer worth sharing info.

I’m sure there are some malicious divvies who make stuff up for shits and giggles but me? Nah.

I won’t bother anymore, we’re too corporate for a messageboard.

That would be a shame. Your previous posts have indicated that you do indeed have a source. Sometimes a deal will be done; sometimes not - due to changes in the circumstances of either the seller or the buyer, or both. The only ITK tossers I can't stand are those who have demonstrated neither any credible knowledge previously &/or those who say a deal is "definitely" done or not done, and who then prove to be incorrect - those, I ignore. You are in neither category, and I enjoy reading your insights about possible transfer deals, which is the way that you always describe them - possible.

As you say, discussing such things are the meat and bread of a forum such as this - carry on posting them, please.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I’m sure you understand that there are often complexities and competing interests that will ensure a deal is either done or not. I’m unhappy about this ITK slandering because, I shit you not, the Dunk to Leicester speculation dates back to May and my “source” is impeccable in his or her pedigree when it comes to our club.

I’ve learnt that posting these insights on here these days is a pointless exercise. There was a time, when we were small time plodders, playing in ridiculous venues to small crowds that these subjects were fair and encouraged. Once we became the rock n roll big time Charlie’s with hordes of JCL dickheads who see innocent gossip as almost a voodoo charm driving our stars out that it’s no longer worth sharing info.

I’m sure there are some malicious divvies who make stuff up for shits and giggles but me? Nah.

There was nothing personal in my assessment. Perhaps I should have explained it clearer. Apologies.

My beef is more concentrated around the media speculation, the lazy desk journalism that quickly becomes fact. A kind of confirmation bias.

Then come the statements of fact. Many have a source which, in effect, is their deluded selves. Others may have a reasonable contact with honest intention. Ultimately it all ends up in the same pot. No-one really knows what an outcome is going to be.

A few years back I was told about some stuff going on at the Albion. I kept it to myself. It did turn out to be true. I decided that I wouldn't share. Firstly, I felt it a kind of betrayal to confidence and secondly, hey, it could go off in a different direction.

I know that makes the place less entertaining but I do feel I would rather spend the summer in cricketing pursuits where sport is concerned and make my life a whole load easier. When the shirt is held up, or discarded, then that's worth a few minutes of intrigue.

I'm sure that when we look at the starting line up to the season we might all ask ourselves what we could have done with those hours.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Media has a lot to answer for it, perpetuating as gospel that the Maguire signing would set off a vast chain of predetermined events including the tectonic plates shifting.

Well, that's the national media who are really only interested in the top six.

I was in a room on Sunday with several writers who have joined in the talk about Dunk going to Leicester (in papers, on TV and in podcasts) as if it were inevitable fact but I resisted the temptation to ask them when this was happening, since they were so definite about it. Nobody likes having their noses rubbed in it when they get things wrong and I have to deal with these people on a professional basis.

However, to satisfy my curiosity, yesterday I asked a few people down here who are well-connected (all of whom got the same 'Dunk is 95 percent certain to stay' at different times from the same ultimate source, who is one step removed from Dunk himself) how many national journalists had been in touch over the past few weeks to get a steer on the Dunk 'story'. None, in most cases. One had been contacted and said there was nothing in it but the journo repeated the 'Dunk is going' line anyway. Everyone has an opinion but nobody knows anything.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes mate..real plastic bloke. Supported them over 60 years, a sth, good times an bad, follows them all over the country and europe and lives in North London. Two of his grandkids are in their academy and one of his sons played for their stiffs many years ago. But carry on.

Why do people keep peddling this “ plastic fan” shit?

Brighton fans seem obsessed by it. Is it because our fan base is actually around 10k and the rest are all band waggon jumpers?

Hope you told your Arsenal mate he was a **** Dave :lol: Same old Arsenal fans, believing all rumours and their credibility is ‘I have a season ticket’ - wow, well done plastic :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yes mate..real plastic bloke. Supported them over 60 years, a sth, good times an bad, follows them all over the country and europe and lives in North London. Two of his grandkids are in their academy and one of his sons played for their stiffs many years ago. But carry on.

Brighton fans seem obsessed by it. Is it because our fan base is actually around 10k and the rest are all band waggon jumpers?

Do behave you northern monkey and take a joke x

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It would be a shame if you stop. There are plenty of readers who can tell poop from clay (as my old man used to say).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

I think your downfall was that you very specifically stated that Dunk WILL go if Maguire goes to Man U - always dodgy putting your neck on the line like that however good you think your insider info is?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
dunk.PNG

Seems we have a new favourite for the Lewis Dunk club after summer transfer window..

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Bev Hill, your genuine source is good, because the timing of what you learned and what I learned coincided exactly. And that is discussions about LD took place, not a formality or foregone conclusion by any means, but they definitely took place before the end of May. Any journo who is brave enough to step out now and say categorically that there have been no conversations or discussions about LD is patently wrong, because LCFC did enquire, and a conversation did take place. I concur with you 100% on the precise timing of that.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Get a grip!!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

That's a bit of a leap, it's almost as if you just wanted to squeeze in that little jibe ad hoc.

The term 'plastic' is peddled around a huge amount, particularly on social media. It is by no means used in circulation exclusively by our fans, in fact we are accused of it far more than I see us throwing the altogether embarassing term around.

A strange comment for an albion fan to make on the whole.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was this thread started as mischief making or off the back of supposed Leicester interest that came to nothing?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
(The Argus) weren't sure we were in for Maupay, so they said we weren't. They were wrong (again).

The Argus reported all summer their line, as shared with them by a good source, that Dunk was “95%” likely to stay.

They also reported all summer that we were interested in Maupay. “What was wrong (again) “ about that ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here