Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

SollysLeftFoot

Mar 17, 2019
Bitchin' in Hitchin
You say that but I am really liking the look of Leicester's squad this coming season. And from their point of view, they'd be replacing an England international centre half for a slightly less proven but nevertheless England international centre half AND £40 MILLION. If they invested that in another top quality player, they are challenging for the top 6 every bit as much as Arsenal.

Couldn't agree any more.

Rodgers earmarking him for £45m being touted in today’s “i”.

That's a snap that right up, surely? We all know Dunk's potential and I don't think he'll reach that potential with us. We have some decent centre backs in our squad, Balogun and Clarke being possible replacements. Balogun still has plenty to offer IMO.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Somewhat overplaying the mate’s dad thing there. As I keep saying, Arsenal makes sense as a move for Dunky, Leicester not so much...

Whilst I'm sure Arsenal is a more attractive option (big 6, closer to home etc) and Leicester is less attractive, let's not get above our station and suggest it would be some sort of sideways move.

Leicester have assembled an exciting, largely young squad that are capable of mixing it with the three lesser sides of the big 6, and have a manager who has the potential to get a lot out of that squad.

Beyond that, if there is not a big 6 suitor for Dunk, then this is very possibly his best chance of securing a move that could get him some form of European football and further his ambitions for an England squad place.

And there'd be the small matter of a sizeable pay boost too.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Couldn't agree any more.

That's a snap that right up, surely? We all know Dunk's potential and I don't think he'll reach that potential with us. We have some decent centre backs in our squad, Balogun and Clarke being possible replacements. Balogun still has plenty to offer IMO.

What about Dan Burn?

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If football is run as a business,and we all know it is,then selling Dunk at the height of his value,makes sense.If we get relegated,because of that ,the gamble has been lost.Tony Bloom ,loves a flutter .....!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Couldn't agree any more.

Balogun is not Premier League quality. A German friend of mine came over after his debut and ‘why on earth have you signed Balogun, he’s a mistake every game in the Bundesliga’. I was a bit taken aback after a decent performance against MU. Each performance thereafter however, it became apparent exactly what my German friend was talking about. If he is our starting option, I don’t care how innovative Potter is, we’re on our way out of this league.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
You say that but I am really liking the look of Leicester's squad this coming season. And from their point of view, they'd be replacing an England international centre half for a slightly less proven but nevertheless England international centre half AND £40 MILLION. If they invested that in another top quality player, they are challenging for the top 6 every bit as much as Arsenal.

As a BHA fan I couldn't give a crap how Leicester's squad 'is looking' barring them being one of the teams we'll need to try and get points from to stay in this league, and to go as far as to say you are 'liking' the look of their squad is quite something. The Leicester love-in on this board is borderline nauseating. Will you be clapping them onto the pitch at the Amex in their top six challenge quest? Be an 'overall' football fan by all means, but rein in the gushing a bit!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I think people are being very quick to assume Balogun "is not Premier League quality". He might not be as good (consistent) as Dunk is right now, but why can't he become more consistent with more games? John Stones makes plenty of mistakes, Maguire can make mistakes - Smalling, Lindeloff, Sokratis, Lovren all make mistakes with some regularity which is why VVD is so unique right now. Balogun is good enough to play in the Premier League - more games and confidence will help him..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If football is run as a business,and we all know it is,then selling Dunk at the height of his value,makes sense.If we get relegated,because of that ,the gamble has been lost.Tony Bloom ,loves a flutter .....!

He's got to back his recruitment team though - and we have been particularly adept at getting in decent centre backs ever since the Amex era started. As well as an array of decent starting centre halves, we've also had Goldson, Cook, Fraser etc. All of them way above average.

As for Dunk, I think we should let him go with our blessing. Of course he'd be missed, but we don't want a demotivated player on our books.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's got to back his recruitment team though - and we have been particularly adept at getting in decent centre backs ever since the Amex era started. As well as an array of decent starting centre halves, we've also had Goldson, Cook, Fraser etc. All of them way above average.

As for Dunk, I think we should let him go with our blessing. Of course he'd be missed, but we don't want a demotivated player on our books.
Fraser?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Are we aware that he wants to go? Is this the move he wants or one the club is opening up? Do we know he'd be demotivated if he stayed, a new contract perhaps and the club captaincy? We might have argued Stephens was going to be demotivated after Burnley came in, but he had a storming season for us giving 110% in every game.

Maybe you're right, I just haven't seen anything to say that Dunk is agitating for this move?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Tony Bloom is a PROFESSIONAL gambler. The word flutter isn't in his vocabulary, I would imagine, except to describe what butterflies wins do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here