Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Over the week I've not read a single word written about Graham Potter that would have me running into the open arms of footballs David Brent.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
United are willing to bid £80m for Maguire, which would make him the world’s most expensive defender.

Harry Maguire. The world's most expensive defender.

I'll just let that sink in.
Absolute insanity. The rest of the clubs in Europe must look at that deal with total bewilderment.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That’s fine because his value has not yet been met but if anyone offers the magic number then Dunk will go.
That Leicester will now move on a CB is indesputable: that it’s going to be Lewis is not.

If we assume that they will definitely not look within their existing squad for a replacement, then several things have to happen for Dunk to end up at Leicester.

First Leicester have to decide that Dunk, rather than Christian Kabasele or James Tarkowski, is their top target. Then they have to contact the Albion with an offer (well, that's what they should do, although almost certainly they will have made contact with Dunk via third parties to sound him out). Then TB has to decide whether he wants to sell and if so, whether the offer is acceptable and will presumably ask Graham Potter for his opinion. But bear in mind that he refused to sell Dale Stephens to Burnley even in the last year of his contract. This is a man who knows how to play hardball when he wants to.

But if the offer is good enough, then TB or PB ask Dunk whether he wants to talk to Leicester, all the while dangling the prospect of yet another improved contract before him.

And finally they say they'll make him pay to have the Amex shop front changed if he goes. That should tip the scales!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
A policeman stopped me the other night, he taps on the window of the car and says: 'Would you please blow into this bag, Sir'. I said: 'What for, Officer?' He says: 'My chips are too hot'.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If we assume that they will definitely not look within their existing squad for a replacement, then several things have to happen for Dunk to end up at Leicester.

First Leicester have to decide that Dunk, rather than Christian Kabasele or James Tarkowski, is their top target. Then they have to contact the Albion with an offer (well, that's what they should do, although almost certainly they will have made contact with Dunk via third parties to sound him out). Then TB has to decide whether he wants to sell and if so, whether the offer is acceptable and will presumably ask Graham Potter for his opinion. But bear in mind that he refused to sell Dale Stephens to Burnley even in the last year of his contract. This is a man who knows how to play hardball when he wants to.

But if the offer is good enough, then TB or PB ask Dunk whether he wants to talk to Leicester, all the while dangling the prospect of yet another improved contract before him.

And finally they say they'll make him pay to have the Amex shop front changed if he goes. That should tip the scales!

:lolol:

Nice Summary, Nick. Feel we're going to need as many defenders as possible, with the dearth of attacking options at our disposal. And would be surprised if Leicester stumped up the readies for a player with little re-sale value.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
A policeman stopped me the other night, he taps on the window of the car and says: 'Would you please blow into this bag, Sir'. I said: 'What for, Officer?' He says: 'My chips are too hot'.

Just fell down the stairs reading that

So we just have to watch out for the farewell wave at the end :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here