Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Time to renationalise!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They can't even spell his name correctly...

Screenshot 2019-05-20 at 12.17.47.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it ain't broke...

...oh.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If anyone used trains in the 60's and 70's they wouldn't be calling for re-nationalisation now, aged rolling stock, filthy trains, massive under investment in facilities, poor information, cancelled trains and all that with more people around than you could shake a stick at all ensuring the worst possible customer experience, not for me sunshine!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
time tables changed between summer/winter every year for ever haven't they?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If anyone used trains in the 60's and 70's they wouldn't be calling for re-nationalisation now, aged rolling stock, filthy trains, massive under investment in facilities, poor information, cancelled trains and all that with more people around than you could shake a stick at all ensuring the worst possible customer experience, not for me sunshine!

I’m obviously. suggesting a “modern” renationalisation, not a return to the 60 or 70s. As an aside I did use trains in the 80s and they seemed to run on time, ticketing was simple and trains okay and staff helpful and incredibly knowledgeable

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As an aside I did use trains in the 80s and they seemed to run on time, ticketing was simple and trains okay and staff helpful and incredibly knowledgeable

That's Maggie's Britain for you. Wonderful times.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That's Maggie's Britain for you. Wonderful times.

No, actually it was a hangover from pre-Thatcher Britain - she was booted out before she got round to flogging off the railways along with everything else she'd flogged off.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I’m obviously. suggesting a “modern” renationalisation, not a return to the 60 or 70s. As an aside I did use trains in the 80s and they seemed to run on time, ticketing was simple and trains okay and staff helpful and incredibly knowledgeable

Nearly 1 billion more passenger journeys compared with the 1980s yet still running on infrastructure built in the 1880s in most places. All these multi billion pound glamour projects unfortunately are not much more than sticking plasters, the whole lot needs ripping up and starting again but can you imagine the carnage? How did people react to 9 days over a half term week of closures?

Privatisation has the potential to remedy a few issues on the railway but I fear it would create a lot more, the easiest way to get it to run on time is to get rid of the passengers, it's so much easier without them getting in the way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 2D3D4F22-3769-49CD-BAC9-B4E2C300403F.jpeg
    2D3D4F22-3769-49CD-BAC9-B4E2C300403F.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 175

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

What the trains were like in the past is irrelevant.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Indeed. No one's suggesting we go back to 'British Rail' exactly as it was prior to its theft. Although I think I'd prefer even that to the current situation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Indeed, but what privatisation has bought about is investment and productivity, not all for the best but it's there.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What the trains were like in the past is irrelevant.

Oh, of course, because privatisation has made such significant improvements no doubt?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Since all of the works have completed, the Brighton Mainline service has become monotonously reliable - I used to quite enjoy collecting Delay Repay refunds, and hardly have any nowadays...

D

Deleted member 22389

Don't feel there is any hope for our railways in this country. We can't even put double decker trains on like they do in France because our tunnels are too small. France and also Germany have a lot more space than we do, hence why they are able to build high speed lines quicker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here