Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] To the sages of this fine organ

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After cleaning and applying 3 coats of wood stain/ restorer to two wooden sun loungers, they seem to have come up really well and now looking at doing the same to a 1980’s Nathan extendable table and chairs that are a bit tired and have some wood discolouration on them.

Now, it could have been a fluke, but has anyone had a go at furniture restoration in the past? A new table and 4 chairs is about £500 to £700 and I wondered if anyone had experience at using a french polisher company in the area and if so how much they normally charge . Just a ball park figure.

If it is around the £100 mark it may be worth looking at that, otherwise I may have a go myself.

Cheers

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
After cleaning and applying 3 coats of wood stain/ restorer to two wooden sun loungers, they seem to have come up really well and now looking at doing the same to a 1980’s Nathan extendable table and chairs that are a bit tired and have some wood discolouration on them.

Now, it could have been a fluke, but has anyone had a go at furniture restoration in the past? A new table and 4 chairs is about £500 to £700 and I wondered if anyone had experience at using a french polisher company in the area and if so how much they normally charge . Just a ball park figure.

If it is around the £100 mark it may be worth looking at that, otherwise I may have a go myself.

Cheers

If it's any help Dave, when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s, French Polishers used to advertise on postcards in the local newsagent :blush:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Blimey shows how many fellow old gits there are on here remembering that advert.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here