Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was it always the plan?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Bearing in mind Chris’s record of success in getting teams promoted into the Premier League, but constant under achievement once that status looked under threat, was it always in TB’s mind to eventually replace him with a younger more dynamic manager whose ambition matches his, and that of the majority of us fans?
Phew - long sentence!

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Bearing in mind Chris’s record of success in getting teams promoted into the Premier League, but constant under achievement once that status looked under threat, was it always in TB’s mind to eventually replace him with a younger more dynamic manager whose ambition matches his, and that of the majority of us fans?
Phew - long sentence!

No in my opinion an internal rift occurred during the latter part of the season, Ashworth may have contributed to this, just a thought.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No in my opinion an internal rift occurred during the latter part of the season, Ashworth may have contributed to this, just a thought.

No.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No. Finished 11th with Newcastle didn’t he? ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Thinking about it. Was Chris ever relegated from the Prem? ???

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Don't think so, I believe they were 12th when he was sacked the December after they were promoted.

Could do a job? :whistle:

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Phew - long sentence!

Once with Norwich isn't exactly constant.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Yes, but em kinda....

TB has always been ambitious and needed a manager that could get us to the promised land, so CH was to be the man.

Once achieved, I think the next page was blank. If CH could cut it in the Prem, he had a job for life. But no one will be allowed to take the club backwards so, as favourites to be relegated next season, he had to go , but I doubt TB planned it that way.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, but em kinda....

TB has always been ambitious and needed a manager that could get us to the promised land, so CH was to be the man.

Once achieved, I think the next page was blank. If CH could cut it in the Prem, he had a job for life. But no one will be allowed to take the club backwards so, as favourites to be relegated next season, he had to go , but I doubt TB planned it that way.

Is the correct answer.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Phew - long sentence!

Seems unlikely. He had only been promoted once before (and also missed out twice, with Birmingham and then with us first time round), but then had Newcastle 11th when sacked - and he certainly over-achieved in our first season in the prem, so he hardly has a record of 'getting teams promoted, then under-achieving'. His time just seemed up, sad as it was. I really wanted him here long-term, but there stopped being justification to fight for that by the end of the season.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We all just have to move on countless threads about Hughton is a waste of energy now, Embrace the future.

You're new here, aren't you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here