Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Anyone else with a Huawei phone?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

D

Deleted member 22389

Apple iPhone sales dropping drastically. American protectionism at work?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

More like the price and people happy to keep hold of their phones for longer. Honestly there is nothing more I need on my phone, anything you need on your phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Maybe, but not very obvious as loads of people are technically unaware.
Come on, look at the wording of his post. If it was a genuine post, he'd have said 'I wouldn't go near a Chinese phone'. The only reason he said 'originating from' is because he's aware that the likes of Apple come from there.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
More like the price and people happy to keep hold of their phones for longer. Honestly there is nothing more I need on my phone, anything you need on your phone?
Perhaps I should have said 'Market Share Dropping'. You're right though, nothing else needed on my phone. Anything missing will only be an app.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm not sure - people just aren't refreshing their phones as frequently as they used to, regardless of the flavour of OS they use - a Samsung sales "slump" has also been reported.

I'm still using an iPhone 7 Plus, bought on launch day, so getting on towards three years old now. I bought an iPhone X, got it home and thought "I don't need this" and took it back. I wavered over the iPhone Xs, but didn't make it as far as buying one before, again, deciding I just didn't need one.

Looking ahead, I'm struggling to see why I would update this September when the next iPhone is likely to be released.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I'm not sure - people just aren't refreshing their phones as frequently as they used to, regardless of the flavour of OS they use - a Samsung sales "slump" has also been reported.

I'm still using an iPhone 7 Plus, bought on launch day, so getting on towards three years old now. I bought an iPhone X, got it home and thought "I don't need this" and took it back. I wavered over the iPhone Xs, but didn't make it as far as buying one before, again, deciding I just didn't need one.

Looking ahead, I'm struggling to see why I would update this September when the next iPhone is likely to be released.
Apple are in trouble [emoji38]

D

Deleted member 22389

Perhaps I should have said 'Market Share Dropping'. You're right though, nothing else needed on my phone. Anything missing will only be an app.

Think this is a problem for all manufacturers now. The only thing that might get buyers to part with their case, is the folding screens.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

My thoughts exactly when all this Huawei stuff kicked off.

I have the P20 Pro. Love it. Past 4 phones were Samsung. Huawei as good and cheaper than latest Samsungs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think this is a problem for all manufacturers now. The only thing that might get buyers to part with their case, is the folding screens.
Or they can force their phones to update to the latest OS, which doesn't work well with the old phones, forcing them to upgrade.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Or they can force their phones to update to the latest OS, which doesn't work well with the old phones, forcing them to upgrade.

and spend years fighting class action law suits. not saying cant happen, but not without consequence. iirc Apple is already in one for hobbling the phones to extend battery life or something.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I just bought a Redmi Note 7 - Very happy with it (especially the price)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
write their own OS/extensions/appstore. unless you have a deep need to use all the crappy bundled apps andriod ships with (play books? hangouts?) it may be doing you a favour. maybe Huawei will do some field research, and find not everyone on the world wants Pinyin and Hindu input active by default?

worth noting that many phone makers (and networks) dislike the control Google exerts, forcing them to install/default their services, this may have wider consequences if it triggers a new branch of underlying OS.

As an alternative app store F Droid is pretty good:

https://f-droid.org/

Can download .apk files from the website or install the Fdroid app and have access to lots of open source Android applications. Admittedly no Instagram or WhatsApp but plenty of useful applications available.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Did have one on contract. Dropped the b****y thing and cracked the screen. Was going to be charged £75 to fix so abandoned.

Not missed it one bit and wouldn't get another.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I just bought a Redmi Note 7 - Very happy with it (especially the price)

They are very good, ihad the note 5 had no issues with it and only recently changed to a Xiaomi Max 3 for no other reason than i had the Max 1 and loved the bigger screen for watching football, Netflix etc. Redmi are made by Xiaomi.

There was an item on World at One today https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00055mz

Maybe, but not very obvious as loads of people are technically unaware.

I'm more aware of the technology than I am of that word! I first heard it at Twerton Park, Bath where our fans used it to accompany long-range passes v. Bristol Rovers. I've really no idea what it's supposed to mean now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There was an item on World at One today https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00055mz

I'm more aware of the technology than I am of that word! I first heard it at Twerton Park, Bath where our fans used it to accompany long-range passes v. Bristol Rovers. I've really no idea what it's supposed to mean now.

What was the word? I haven't time to listen to a programme!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I love my Huawei Mate 20 Pro, it's been fantastic. But what about this thing that Trump has pushed Google into? No android updates?? Don't like that at all.

I wonder how Huawei will get around this? I'm sure they will come up with something.

Surely they knew this was going to happen?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here