Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Museum of the Moon. Brighton Festival Installation.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
On until tomorrow, a 7 meter diameter replica moon hanging over Queens Park pond. It doesn't do anything, it is just there. I went last night between 9.00 - 10.00 pm and you couldn't move near the pond due to thousands of other people. Apparently, it is on all night, so I would advise getting there 11.00 pm or after. Parking around there is impossible, (nothing unusual there!). Full image here, with a bit about it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/47828916222/in/photostream/

Attachments

• Queens Park Moon NSC.JPG
    Queens Park Moon NSC.JPG
    161.5 KB · Views: 431

Pickles

May 5, 2014
On until tomorrow, a 7 meter diameter replica moon hanging over Queens Park pond. It doesn't do anything, it is just there. I went last night between 9.00 - 10.00 pm and you couldn't move near the pond due to thousands of other people. Apparently, it is on all night, so I would advise getting there 11.00 pm or after. Parking around there is impossible, (nothing unusual there!). Full image here, with a bit about it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128321708@N03/47828916222/in/photostream/

Atmosphere good?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I thought it was quite down to earth?

Jack, I jest sir.

A few of my fellow astronomy club members went, and said it was a great few hours, with a bubbling atmosphere, and strangers talking together about our love and fascination of space.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
He's so bright and milky white, shining down upon the ground.
He's the bright, milky white, shining down upon the ground.
Everybody look at the moon, everybody seein' the moon.
The moon is bright, He's milky white, everybody look at the moon.
Uh!

imthemoon.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
See the mountains kiss high heaven
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister-flower would be forgiven
If it disdained its brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth
And the moonbeams kiss the sea:
What is all this sweet work worth
If thou kiss not me?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
For the Fringe installation, somebody's going to chuck a king size duvet over it and rename it Total Eclipse.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Jack, I jest sir.

A few of my fellow astronomy club members went, and said it was a great few hours, with a bubbling atmosphere, and strangers talking together about our love and fascination of space.

Sorry Pickles, I thought I'd inadvertently started a thread where people made moon jokes! The park was packed and everyone was just taking in the ambiance that the moon created. There were a few people enjoying a can or two, and all-in-all, it was lovely and friendly. I think most people, like me, were waiting for something to happen, but it never did. Still worth a quick look at after dark.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Sorry Pickles, I thought I'd inadvertently started a thread where people made moon jokes! The park was packed and everyone was just taking in the ambiance that the moon created. There were a few people enjoying a can or two, and all-in-all, it was lovely and friendly. I think most people, like me, were waiting for something to happen, but it never did. Still worth a quick look at after dark.

It's part of Brighton festival by an artist, as far as I'm aware.

Great idea, turn up with some food and ice cold beer, and relax.....

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
l went there last night, quite incredible, there must of been about 2-3000 people there. Don't we just love a free event!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I saw it in Peterborough Cathedral last year with Tim Peake's space capsule.

zKNQrATLQbmTVCnL332yqQ.jpg

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
One senses, with all the herbal aromas in Queen's Park last night, that some onlookers thought it was the real thing...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's part of Brighton festival by an artist, as far as I'm aware.

Great idea, turn up with some food and ice cold beer, and relax.....

Ah , but what sort of beer ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
l went there last night, quite incredible, there must of been about 2-3000 people there. Don't we just love a free event!

You should have seen the "Fire Gardens " thing in St Annes wells Gardens a few years back, Breathtaking, and that wasn't just the Paraffin fumes !

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We went to see it in daylight today, but still impressive.

As were the native Yellow Flag Iris’s in the pond, BHCC are really improving the pond.

Friends of Queen's Park secured the funding for that project If I recall correctly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here