Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Retained List

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
could probably ask the same question re the Argie, Percy Tau and the Romanian we spunked millions on ?

I still hold hope for Percy Tau, but Towell? We sign him, never play him, loan him out and then rip up his contract, why? Is this the CH thing of being too scared to play his new signings? Utter waste of time and money... no fault to RT however.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
I still presume all of the loan players will be back for more-season, including the one’s we are yet to see. Looking forward to the young English/ Argentinian player and couple of the others looking to get squad places.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wasnt ir said that Alexis Macateer was not coming back pre season.
*Might* be having a 2nd loan out - to Boca Juniors.

But that was only an unsubstantiated rumour.

So we wait and see, for now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
*Might* be having a 2nd loan out - to Boca Juniors.

But that was only an unsubstantiated rumour.

So we wait and see, for now.

I think we have to wait and see on many things pre season. It may well be, that with a new manager coming in, he has totally different ideas to Chris Hughton. Some of the players that the previous regime rejected, he might rate. And vice versa of course.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I am sure that I read on here or elsewhere on the web that he was staying in Argentina and wanted to join Boca Juniors. Sure there wasa thread about him Baluta and Tau coming in pre season.

We won't be seeing Tau during pre-season (assuming he still hasn't got a work permit). He isn't permitted to train with the rest of the squad until the work permit has been approved.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Why on earth did we sign Towell to never play league football for us? What was the point?

I imagine that wasn't the intention when we signed him. Plus he was a Championship signing and he has seemingly done quite well at that level with Rotherham this year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Must admit that I am surprised we haven't yet heard whether Hemed and Towell are being offered contract extensions.

The retained list had to be sent to the PL by the 3rd Saturday in May, did it not ?

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well it looks like Towell wasn't retained.

Only Tomer in information limbo now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Jewish Chronical says no new contract for Hemed.... but doesn't completely close the door.

"Hemed has not given up hope of playing in the Premier League, although he has not been offered a contract extension with the Seagulls, and it remains to be seen whether or not he features in the plans of new manager Graham Potter."

https://www.thejc.com/sport/football/hemed-brighton-qpr-1.484759

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We won't be seeing Tau during pre-season (assuming he still hasn't got a work permit). He isn't permitted to train with the rest of the squad until the work permit has been approved.

Even if that pre-season training is outside of the UK?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Hmm, that throws up an interesting idea ..... does a "loan" player need a work permit? If they are "employed" by a foreign team, and have are allowed to work for them, do they have to have a work permit to be loaned to an English club? Is there a difference based on the length of the loan, so 1 month loan no (treated as a visitor) but 12 months yes.

Just wondering as TB does own a foreign club, and I've never heard it come up about a loan player.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hmm, that throws up an interesting idea ..... does a "loan" player need a work permit? If they are "employed" by a foreign team, and have are allowed to work for them, do they have to have a work permit to be loaned to an English club? Is there a difference based on the length of the loan, so 1 month loan no (treated as a visitor) but 12 months yes.

Just wondering as TB does own a foreign club, and I've never heard it come up about a loan player.
I didn't think one month loans were allowed any more. Only half season or whole season loans.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

The club could set up a competition, ‘train with the first team for a week’, or something similar. Young Percy could then ‘accidentally’ win it. I mean what kind of heartless organisation would put a stop to that kind of lovely thing? Problem solved.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I didn't think one month loans were allowed any more. Only half season or whole season loans.

And does a half season "loan" or indeed a full season loan require a Work Permit?

What if the parent club was paying 100% of his wages?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here