Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What happened?

Did I miss it?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
In terms of senior squad/expiring contracts; Bruno retired, Murray and Bong were given extensions earlier in the season.
There's been no other announcements so assumption is that Hemed and Towell are being let go who are also out of contract but (i think) there's been no public confirmation. All other senior players are on contracts til June 20/21/22/23.
The u23s retained list was announced last week.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
One would assume that any decision over those in contract but out of favour will be left to the new manager.

Yes. Of course but Selling or loaning players under contract in the summer isn't the retained list. (There will have to be some because we have > 25 senior players and presumably are planning to bring in a few more)

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
But surely in the old days the retained list would say. so and so is being released and j bloggs is available for transfer?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Why was Bong's contract allowed to be extended prior to the end of season? I don't get that one, unless he had a clause whereby if he made a certain number of appearances, he automatically got another year. If that was the case, fair enough. But now a new manager is stuck with him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why was Bong's contract allowed to be extended prior to the end of season? I don't get that one, unless he had a clause whereby if he made a certain number of appearances, he automatically got another year. If that was the case, fair enough. But now a new manager is stuck with him.

Good competition or back up for Bernardo so an obvious move without spending unnecessary money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. Of course but Selling or loaning players under contract in the summer isn't the retained list. (There will have to be some because we have > 25 senior players and presumably are planning to bring in a few more)
This.

The retained list is about whether out of contract players get offered a new deal or not.

So we just waiting for confirmation on what is happening with Hemed and Towell - 2 players of course who will have been on the pitch against Swansea last season, and won't be unfamiliar to Potter.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As a back up squad member, and also as someone who has been integral to Bissouma settling in.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wonder if Balogun might look elsewhere. He seems to look like a decent defender, but one who has a big mistake in him every game.

Suttner seems unlikely to hang around. Schelotto was already on the way out when he got injured. Can't imagine he'll get back in the squad once he's regained fitness, owing to his propensity to look like an absolute pub player occasionally, in amongst his FLAIR showings.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wonder if Balogun might look elsewhere. He seems to look like a decent defender, but one who has a big mistake in him every game.

Suttner seems unlikely to hang around. Schelotto was already on the way out when he got injured. Can't imagine he'll get back in the squad once he's regained fitness, owing to his propensity to look like an absolute pub player occasionally, in amongst his FLAIR showings.

A little harsh in your assesment of Leon Balugun. I feel a bit sorry for him to be honest, he has had little to no chance of proving himself with the Dunk Duffy parthership in full swing. Dan Burn who played in most of our FA Cup run has done well and looked the part, possibly pushing Balogun down a rung in the pecking order. Quie understandable should he be tempted to leave really.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Why on earth did we sign Towell to never play league football for us? What was the point?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands

They had been in talks over a new contract for all of this season. Could hardly withdraw the offer just in case Hughton got sacked.
If Potter doesn't want him I'm sure he could be sold but decent back up for Bernado imho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here