Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
    11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

Retained List

0 Not allowed!
    What happened?

Did I miss it?
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      In terms of senior squad/expiring contracts; Bruno retired, Murray and Bong were given extensions earlier in the season.
      There's been no other announcements so assumption is that Hemed and Towell are being let go who are also out of contract but (i think) there's been no public confirmation. All other senior players are on contracts til June 20/21/22/23.
      The u23s retained list was announced last week.

2 Not allowed!
      One would assume that any decision over those in contract but out of favour will be left to the new manager.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Worthing exile View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      One would assume that any decision over those in contract but out of favour will be left to the new manager.
      Yes. Of course but Selling or loaning players under contract in the summer isn't the retained list. (There will have to be some because we have > 25 senior players and presumably are planning to bring in a few more)

0 Not allowed!
      But surely in the old days the retained list would say. so and so is being released and j bloggs is available for transfer?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Would assume this will be issued after the new manager, whoever, has had time to watch all last season's games on video to form an opinion
      Year of the Tiger #WHC Ninja Elephant's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Why was Bong's contract allowed to be extended prior to the end of season? I don't get that one, unless he had a clause whereby if he made a certain number of appearances, he automatically got another year. If that was the case, fair enough. But now a new manager is stuck with him.
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      Why was Bong's contract allowed to be extended prior to the end of season? I don't get that one, unless he had a clause whereby if he made a certain number of appearances, he automatically got another year. If that was the case, fair enough. But now a new manager is stuck with him.
      Good competition or back up for Bernardo so an obvious move without spending unnecessary money.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      Yes. Of course but Selling or loaning players under contract in the summer isn't the retained list. (There will have to be some because we have > 25 senior players and presumably are planning to bring in a few more)
      This.

The retained list is about whether out of contract players get offered a new deal or not.

So we just waiting for confirmation on what is happening with Hemed and Towell - 2 players of course who will have been on the pitch against Swansea last season, and won't be unfamiliar to Potter.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      As a back up squad member, and also as someone who has been integral to Bissouma settling in.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner