• Total voters

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Hang your head in shame. Give the plan a chance FFS. Sticking with Chris was almost guaranteed relegation... that’s my gut feeling, sorry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang my head in shame? Really? A tad harsh! Chris may of taken us down. But you really can’t say that for sure can you?

I really hope I’m wrong. But Potter is a huge gamble. Even you can’t deny that.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'm glad so many people are voting that they think we will be in a relegation battle. I think it means some of the pressure will be taken of Potter to get results, surely that has to be a good thing.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
This guy is smart! It comes down more to who we sign to strengthen the squad. I have faith in Potter. With Östersund he beat Galatasaray 3–1 on aggregate in Europa Cup and knocked out PAOK (3–3 on aggregate with more away goals). They finished second in their group, level on points with Athletic Bilbao. Despite beating Arsenal 2–1 at the Emirates Stadium, they were eliminated from the competition after losing 4–2 on aggregate.

So its going to be far more about who is bought/loaned in and how fast the team gels.. heres and interesting video about his slightly unorthodox training methods when he was in Sweden.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/12/graham-potter-another-path-for-english-managers-ostersund-arsenal-europa-league?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hang my head in shame? Really? A tad harsh! Chris may of taken us down. But you really can’t say that for sure can you?

I really hope I’m wrong. But Potter is a huge gamble. Even you can’t deny that.

Exactly what this thread is about, everyone has an opinion and deserves respect for it :thumbsup:

You’re wrong though :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Exactly what this thread is about, everyone has an opinion and deserves respect for it :thumbsup:

You’re wrong though :lolol:

I really hope I am. We all have to to realise, that not everyone is convinced by this appointment yet. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another champions celebration in May.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I expect a relegation scrap under Potter but he clearly has the impetus to transform the side which is a risk we simply needed to take. I'm pretty confident that the likes of Dunk, Bernardo, Montoya, March, Bissouma, Propper and perhaps even U23's like Gyokeres or Connolly will be well suited to his methods. We need to be ruthless and I expect his appointment will be the catalyst for freshening up the squad - and expanding the number of players we expect to contribute.

I'm happy with this risk as we were clearly going to be in another relegation scrap (at best) under Hughton. Apart from his ultra defensive setup and reliance on Murray and Gross we simply had no effective alternatives. This is despite Hughton having a huge opportunity to evolve the side with so much breathing space mid season.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Without at least one effective marquee signing we’ll be 15-17th again. It’s a moving target, we can’t afford to stand still, we’ve lost our most skilful player, our new signings didn’t convince, our competitors will be strengthening, we must strengthen, if we don’t, we’ll be worse.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Finish 16th or 17th, but with more entertaining football, some of the U-23’s getting game time in the league & Solly March getting an England call up after impressing at RWB.

I'm pessimistic to be honest. It seems to me the board have taken the easy way out of a change in manager to appease the fans. What happens now will entirely depend on spending big and a massive squad turnover. Will that happen? What do you think?

I was critical of Hughton but he wasn't the real problem, the woeful signings were.... plus all our key goal-scoring players (Murray, Gross, Jose) turning shit at the same time.

What I think we are losing sight of is that Hughton's pragmatism managed that dire situation, not perfectly by any stretch but better than most would have, including our new guy I fear.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Some people seem to have forgotten the Club existed before Hughton and will survive without him.
Clear to anyone who goes Home and Away now was the Time for a change.
Potter knows he cannot change our way of play overnight so will want to get a couple of key signings in.
At Home I want us to dominate the game from the off and not sit back and actively look forward (not Top6).
Away I just want us to have some intent on attack when we get the ball and the odd shot or 2 would be good.
The style of play needs to be more uptempo and aggressive so there are plenty of the current crop that will be on there way.
Think this is a real opportunity for Molumby, Gyokeres and Connolly

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A breath of fresh air and we'll be comfortably away from danger. We might not set the world alight but I'm thinking we can become like Bournemouth - not tipped every year to go down.

The Cups - who knows how Mister Potter will view them?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Really looking forward to next season now. Still relegation contenders I reckon but a much more entertaining ride. For me, I would be happy with 40 points, safety and two or three players who have demonstrably improved or are better than what we have at the moment

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Voted 'other' for the simple reason that I haven't got a clue how he will do.

What happens in this transfer window will make a huge difference - if we have to completely overhaul the squad to get the kind of players he wants in, it won't be good - our budget would be spread too thinly and we'd finish up with a job lot of mostly journeymen and wannabees again, no better than the players we've got. If we buy two or three really good (expensive!) players - automatic starters every game, visibly improving the team (which is what I'd hoped we'd be doing with Hughton) it might be OK.

I'll continue supporting the club, the Chairman, the team and the manager ("The king is dead; long live the king" and all that) but I have yet to be convinced that Uncle Tony hasn't made a huge mistake. I'm not saying he has, not saying that at all, but just waiting for actual concrete evidence to show he hasn't dropped a brick before I get too excited.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not a clue because up until we sacked our best ever manager I'd never heard of him.

I just hope the huge gamble pays off whoever becomes our new manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here