View Poll Results: How will Potter do next season?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Naive, lots of thrashings and relegation/sacking

46 10.72%
  • Breath of fresh air we’ll do well

125 29.14%
  • Enjoyable but a relegation fight

226 52.68%
  • Other

32 7.46%
Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

Assuming we appoint Graham Potter, your gut feeling on next season

0 Not allowed!
    Obviously way too early to make a considered call. Player signings and sales will probably give us a better idea what to expect, BUT as of today how do you think he’ll do?
    Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

• North Stand Chat

advertising

9 Not allowed!
      Better performances, more enjoyable to watch. 15th placed finish with one or two humbling defeats and unexpected wins. Something like that anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      "NO MATTER WHAT (unless I don't like my seat)"

0 Not allowed!
      Get some decent forwards in, we'll be fine.

1 Not allowed!
      Expect we'll be competitive but that it'll still be a battle for 17th realistically.

People seem to think there's only negative ten men behind the ball or expansive drubbings with no middle ground.
      'Football implies the desire to suffer' - Theodor Adorno
      Football V Homophobia | Football v Homophobia in association with Pride Sports

3 Not allowed!
      More attacking, more goals, more fluid, more fun, more open, more goals conceded

7 Not allowed!
      Think we'll do well.

The Amex crowd is brilliant and the stadium is a fortress when the fans have something to get excited about.

If Potter can grind out some decent away performances too, we could potentially have a great season.

CH is a legend etc, but I must admit when I thought he'd be our manager, I wasn't looking forward to the season nearly as much as I am now.
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

11 Not allowed!
      If we can be *more Bournemouth than Burnley* I'd be very happy.

We'll walk before we can run though, so I suspect a 15th-16th place finish.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner

5 Not allowed!
      Another question might be: who would you most trust to keep us in the Premier League - Potter or Hughton? I think this is a huge gamble by TB. Despite coming close to going down, I think CH was unlucky with dud signings and injuries. And in the end he just about got the job done. He is tactically adept at nullifying the opposition. I think we will be on the end of a few 6-0's ourselves next season and could well end up doing a Fulham - trying to play expansive football but getting picked off by teams that are simply better than us.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

13 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Another question might be: who would you most trust to keep us in the Premier League - Potter or Hughton? I think this is a huge gamble by TB. Despite coming close to going down, I think CH was unlucky with dud signings and injuries. And in the end he just about got the job done. He is tactically adept at nullifying the opposition. I think we will be on the end of a few 6-0's ourselves next season and could well end up doing a Fulham - trying to play expansive football but getting picked off by teams that are simply better than us.
      Potter.

Hughton was in a downward spiral. A great 4+ years, a top manager, the right time to go before his legacy was tainted.
      Out of contract June 2020 : Bong, Balogun, Hemed, Kayal, Murray, Schelotto, Suttner

26 Not allowed!
      This is our Frank De Boer moment. We are doing a lot more than just changing our manager, we are changing our style of play aswell as hopefully giving youth a bit more opportunity. We have to be patient and back him through what I suspect will be a tough start to the season.

Basically if this time next year we finish 17th but are talking about our better style of play and the young players who have progressed this season then I would consider it a success.