Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ollie McBurnie

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He seemed to have an attitude problem and is a red card waiting to happen.

I wouldn’t say attitude problem. I’d say a fiery temper and runs the tight rope a little though.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think your being a tad harsh on Andone.

Changed the game against huddersfield when he came on.

Also team didn’t play to his strengths, just played the same way as we did with Murray. I’m not saying he is the answer yet, but he has certainly shown me there is something there that with the right approach could see him step up.

Agreed

I think he will see the regime change as his chance to establish himself.
Glenn has been great for us, but the writing is on the wall for him being the starting striker.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I wouldn’t say attitude problem. I’d say a fiery temper and runs the tight rope a little though.

He absolutely has an attitude problem.

The manager having to to repeatedly make substitutions that he doesn’t want to make, because you’ve overstepped the aggression too many times, too early in the game is a problem. It messes up the game management and it’s almost always for snide angry fouls rather than genuine attempts to tackle hard.

Also, when we were chasing games and had the opposition pinned back, he’d often completely relieve the pressure by conceding a stupid foul.

Aggression is a good thing, but I don’t think this lad is terribly bright.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He absolutely has an attitude problem.

The manager having to to repeatedly make substitutions that he doesn’t want to make, because you’ve overstepped the aggression too many times, too early in the game is a problem. It messes up the game management and it’s almost always for snide angry fouls rather than genuine attempts to tackle hard.

Also, when we were chasing games and had the opposition pinned back, he’d often completely relieve the pressure by conceding a stupid foul.

Aggression is a good thing, but I don’t think this lad is terribly bright.

On point.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
If there is gonna be a raid on Swansea it should be Leroy Fer. Good player. A bit lazy sometimes but can get goals. Only problem with him is. You don't know what he is gonna be like after a long term injury

Has been relegated in almost every season he's played in the PL, and has an attitude problem. No thanks

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He looks like an absolute shit who I would really hate if he was playing against us. Looks all FIESTY and SCRAPPY.

And for that reason, I am in.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
This signing is a no brainer. 22 years old , 6.2 ....big scorer in championship.

Very little risk I would say. These are the type of players we should be signing this close season. No more foreign gambles !!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Every signing is a gamble, no matter the nationality. This idea that signing a striker from the Championship is less of a gamble than signing one who has scored in a top league abroad is just utterly ludicrous.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Every signing is a gamble, no matter the nationality. This idea that signing a striker from the Championship is less of a gamble than signing one who has scored in a top league abroad is just utterly ludicrous.
Hardly ludicrous. A player that is already settled in this country , more than likely English as a first language and have proved they can score in an English league has to be less of a risk than someone coming from abroad.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Andone will come good for us. Definitely not a Hughton type player as he doesn't have the hold up game and has a propensity for random violence, but he can run the channels and crucially has the movement to find half a yard in the box. I like him. The outstanding question for me relates to his fitness, can he press from the front?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Daniel James is the obvious one, but unlikely as it looks as though he'll be off to United. I would be happy to take Mcburnie and Celina though.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Daniel James is the obvious one, but unlikely as it looks as though he'll be off to United. I would be happy to take Mcburnie and Celina though.

If I was him I wouldn't join the United circus at the mo and join a lower Prem team for a few years to bed in then get a massive transfer. Maybe with a manager I can trust . . . . . wait.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Andone will come good for us. Definitely not a Hughton type player as he doesn't have the hold up game and has a propensity for random violence, but he can run the channels and crucially has the movement to find half a yard in the box. I like him. The outstanding question for me relates to his fitness, can he press from the front?

Correct. Jamie Vardy would look shite if the only balls he received were at head height with his back to goal.

Andone's poor discipline looks likely to be down to frustration, having to play a system that never suited him.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Hardly ludicrous. A player that is already settled in this country , more than likely English as a first language and have proved they can score in an English league has to be less of a risk than someone coming from abroad.

Let's never sign a foreigner again then. Let's get those good ol'Brexit values into our club and only sign English! Lee Novak for the Seagulls.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here