Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ollie McBurnie

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly what I was meaning - £17mill nowadays is nothing for a striker so if we don’t think he’s worth that then he’s not good enough
Yeah ok, fair enough.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
After the success of Utd’s Potter protege Daniel James last week with an Old Trafford goal on his debut, today see’s another player from the Potter school of magic football get another chance to impress.

Did we miss out by not grabbing McBurnie? I think not, I think Potter got the better striker in Maupay but that does not mean he won’t be a Premier League success.

Up against a weak Championship level defence, I fully expect him to get his debut Blades goal whilst terrorising his pathetic opposition.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On reflection a bit annoying we couldn’t get McBurnie in. Knows Potter, similar player to Murray. I wonder if we were in for him and what happened ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
On reflection a bit annoying we couldn’t get McBurnie in. Knows Potter, similar player to Murray. I wonder if we were in for him and what happened ?
It was probably Maupay or McBurnie, and then the transfer window shut, and then Andone left.

If Andone had gone earlier things may have been different.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yeah, cos you know all the personal details of the clubs and player involved at the time. So I suppose you are right, GP should not be forgiven. :ffsparr:

My point is that we do not know the details of how or why a transfer happens but if GP was convinced that McBurnie would be a success he should have pushed to the limit to get him in rather than let a then fellow prospective relegation team snap him up. It may be that he wanted to move back up north so wouldnt have signed for us anyway, we do not know.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Why Potter didnt sign any Swansea players despite their ugly financial situation and a few of them definitely able to contribute to this Brighton squad, I think must be down to either:

1. Agreement between Brighton & Swansea
or 2. Potter not wanting to work with previous players because he didnt want to be accused or create the impression that he favored former players

In the case of McBurnie he would be excellent in this team and I love him, but he has a very active nightlife, got sick several times last season (probably because of his lifestyle) and had meetings with both Routledge and Potter about some of his habits, like playing video games long into the night and his excessive drinking etc. He was always performing and his attitude is otherwise great etc. but that "wild" style of living is not sustainable for most modern professional footballers. He got some issues and I think regardless of Potter philosophies on ex-players, we wouldnt have signed him, too risky.

Daniel James was another thing... Potter really wanted to bring him, he is a very special player/person too good to be excluded by any policys. He will show it once United stop being shit. In the best of worlds they are incompetent enough to **** him up next year or so and then we can get him here and heal him.

As for Oli I wouldnt mind him coming here if he gets his shit together. Wouldnt mind Connor Roberts either. Or Matt Grimes... Celina do things Trossardont. Should just rob Swansea before someone else does.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It was probably Maupay or McBurnie, and then the transfer window shut, and then Andone left.

If Andone had gone earlier things may have been different.

Yeah thought about the Andone timings after I posted you are right shame really

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My point is that we do not know the details of how or why a transfer happens but if GP was convinced that McBurnie would be a success he should have pushed to the limit to get him in rather than let a then fellow prospective relegation team snap him up. It may be that he wanted to move back up north so wouldnt have signed for us anyway, we do not know.
Your point was that GP should not be forgiven. You added the reasonable bits when I pointed out your mistake.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
E22D4CA1-D2BF-4EBE-8D7D-0232599FCC05.jpeg
453C8313-0410-4927-AD54-D5AF47D4D848.jpeg
Here is today at enjoying his day out in Cardiff !

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Am I missing something here? Presumably the reason we didn’t sign McBurnie is because he’s not that good and we rate Maupay more highly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I missing something here? Presumably the reason we didn’t sign McBurnie is because he’s not that good and we rate Maupay more highly.

Which has without doubt been the case so far and proven a good decision!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here