Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ollie McBurnie

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Andone will come good for us. Definitely not a Hughton type player as he doesn't have the hold up game and has a propensity for random violence, but he can run the channels and crucially has the movement to find half a yard in the box. I like him. The outstanding question for me relates to his fitness, can he press from the front?

No one can press from the front in a Hughton team. If you do, you're doing it alone which is a total waste of time and energy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Let's never sign a foreigner again then. Let's get those good ol'Brexit values into our club and only sign English! Lee Novak for the Seagulls.
Wow I'm a racist now because I think players bought from the championship are less risky

Okkkkkk then!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Wow I'm a racist now because I think players bought from the championship are less risky

Okkkkkk then!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Xenophobic maybe. I never said you're a racist lad.

And you said "have proved they can score in an English league". You didn't mention the Championship. So Lee Novak? Thoughts?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He absolutely has an attitude problem.

The manager having to to repeatedly make substitutions that he doesn’t want to make, because you’ve overstepped the aggression too many times, too early in the game is a problem. It messes up the game management and it’s almost always for snide angry fouls rather than genuine attempts to tackle hard.

Also, when we were chasing games and had the opposition pinned back, he’d often completely relieve the pressure by conceding a stupid foul.

Aggression is a good thing, but I don’t think this lad is terribly bright.

Completely agree with what you say but it depends on what you class as ‘attitude problem’. I’d call what you describe as more a petchulance or lack of engaging brain. But that’s just splitting hairs. He will he class for us next season - mark my words!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
:ffsparr: you're embarrassing yourself.

I'm guessing no one is interested in Lee Novak then? Proven in the English leagues, speaks English, probably acclimatised, albeit he's from up North which basically makes him a foreigner. Scored 13 goals this season by the way. Brilliant. And not a foreigner too, which makes it even better.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Does seem to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and very reminiscent of GM, but younger and more pace!

On the plus side for him, at least he will get away from that god awful away kit.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Seriously, you've completely lost the plot here buddy.

So everyone keeps saying. But why exactly are foreign players from abroad more risky than English players from the English leagues for a club that wants to establish themselves in the Premier League? His argument is that they're able to speak the language and they're better adapted to the country. Well, here's just one of the 1000s of examples of players from abroad who have done rather well - Kun Aguero STILL can't speak English in interviews and yet he's turned out to be pretty good.

All I've done is pull the guy up on that utterly stupid and baseless comment.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
So everyone keeps saying. But why exactly are foreign players from abroad more risky than English players from the English leagues for a club that wants to establish themselves in the Premier League? His argument is that they're able to speak the language and they're better adapted to the country. Well, here's just one of the 1000s of examples of players from abroad who have done rather well - Kun Aguero STILL can't speak English in interviews and yet he's turned out to be pretty good.

The guy made the point that experience in English football and the absence of any possible language barrier is an advantage. That is not controversial, and if anything is utterly stupid and baseless it's calling him xenophobic for saying it. You owe him an apology IMO.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The guy made the point that experience in English football and the absence of any possible language barrier is an advantage. That is not controversial, and if anything is utterly stupid and baseless it's calling him xenophobic for saying it. You owe him an apology IMO.

Exactly this.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

No, what you've done is seriously over-reacted to an entirely fair and innocuous comment; it might be worth debating the merits of the point (eg by pointing out, as you eventually did, that a star player from abroad can still excel ... but then, for every Aguero there's a Locadia), but the point itself is fair. And that's coming from a Remain-voting, Pro-Europe, Born-Abroad person.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

Does seem to have a knack of being in the right place at the right time, and very reminiscent of GM, but younger and more pace!

On the plus side for him, at least he will get away from that god awful away kit.

Watching that he reminded me of a young Glenn Murray!! I know that’s his ‘best bits’ but I could totally see why we’d be interested.

I like the fact he seems to score all sorts - headers, tap ins, placed, follow ups, also seems happy to run with the ball. Looks mobile too. It’s a gamble because he’d be up against better defenders and keepers but there is not that much difference between bottom 6 of EPL and top 6 of Championship. He’d get goals I reckon.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Kun Aguero STILL can't speak English in interviews and yet he's turned out to be pretty good.

Yes, that unknown talent Kun Aguero who man city took a gamble on..... It's a real miracle he's turned out well despite the language barrier.

This thread has not gone well for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here