Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ollie McBurnie

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Would love you to be right. Would need to get him off the flight to Austria though. Has travelled out today with the squad via Gatwick according to my neighbour who has just come back from their holiday in Spain. He saw the squad all going through the airport.

Who has travelled out with the squad?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help thinking if this fella was coming our way he'd be here by now.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I've read in the local Sheffield paper that we had distanced ourselves from buying him as Potter didn't think he would be a success in the Prem. So it doesn't look like we're going for him, also looks like Maupay will end up at Villa (old boss) or maybe West Ham. I can't think of any other striker in this Country that we've been linked with?

What's happened to using Ashworth's contacts to get young English talent through the door?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I've read in the local Sheffield paper that we had distanced ourselves from buying him as Potter didn't think he would be a success in the Prem. So it doesn't look like we're going for him, also looks like Maupay will end up at Villa (old boss) or maybe West Ham. I can't think of any other striker in this Country that we've been linked with?

What's happened to using Ashworth's contacts to get young English talent through the door?

Neither of those players are English.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Tony

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I think his remit is more about getting British talent into the team, rather than through the door.

His huge success with England was about providing a massive shot in the arm of English youth talent and seeing it filter up through the ranks to the first team. If we sign English, fine, but I expect most of his success will be about generating value through the academy, either through sales or graduation into the first team.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Kemar Roofe?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
17m deal agreed with Sheff Utd, rising to 20m.

Could be a bit of a bargain if he shows anything near as much as he did last season, but potential to be a complete dud too.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
17m deal agreed with Sheff Utd, rising to 20m.

Could be a bit of a bargain if he shows anything near as much as he did last season, but potential to be a complete dud too.

I'm not sure you can judge him fairly at Sheff United. If he does well there though he is going to be highly sort after.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This demonstrates the cost of buying young, domestic players. If you consider yesterday Wolverhampton signed an AC Milan striker who has scored nearly 30 goals in 2 seasons in Serie A for £1m less.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm not sure you can judge him fairly at Sheff United. If he does well there though he is going to be highly sort after.

Absolutely, if he gets anywhere near double figures they will get a decent re-sell value, but it will be as much about his performances of getting in good positions and bullying defenders as putting the ball in the net.

It is just that it is a big step for a striker who had an excellent season last year, and might not be able to replicate again this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The very fact that Potter hasn’t gone for him says it all for me
How do we know Potter wasn't in for him? Maybe he'd have liked him, but the club weren't prepared to pay £17m +

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here