Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bye,bye Berwick Rangers.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I went to see them play a home game about thirty years ago.

It was cold and very few people there.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I went to see them play a home game about thirty years ago.

It was cold and very few people there.

Guy I worked with (he was from Burnley) went with mates to some home games and tried to get to as many away games as possible. He travelled all over Scotland watching them
Nutter!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I feel sorry for Phil McHunt.....years of loyal service at Berwick Rangers.

:nono:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
English purveyors of Monkey Tennis, obvs. Shit Monkey Tennis. Can at least now apply to join the Northumberland Sunday Pub League (Division 8 North)
Why would they? They will continue to play in Scotland, in the Lowland League, where they have an automatic place.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Ticked on a tuesday in January 96 v Forfar ,freezing cold must of been mad .

Top Man.
Visited the ground last year, beautiful old town Berwick, shame we can’t do away trips to places like this.

My old workmate travelled to all the Scottish grounds in the lower divisions following Berwick. He started following them because they are English and the fact that they used to get dogs abuse from home fans.

He went to Celtic Park and some of the bigger grounds too for away games in the Cup. Shame they’ve gone down, but I suppose that means he can visit all the Highland League grounds now [emoji849]

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Whatever happened to Gretna? I seem to recall them reaching the Scottish Cup final. Bankruptcy after overspending?

Went bust in 2008 when the main financial backer pulled out due to illness.
The club reformed as Gretna FC 2008 and play in the Lowland League.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't understand the abuse teams at a lower level suddenly get on here.

People seem to have forgotten we were completely shit for years until recently. Some of the games I witnessed in Div 1 and Div 2 pre-Poyet were absolutely rubbish, played by rubbish players in a rubbish team in rubbish grounds (of which ours was one of the worst).

So think before you post all this prima-donna crap. If we continue to play next season in similar ways to last season, it won't be long before we are back there (regardless of new managers). Nobody is too good/big to go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here