I was never in favour of this

but it's a changing world

sooner they **** off the better

perhaps they could play their 'home' games in Chicago or Bangkok

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Disagree. It won't last forever for City. Wasn't too long ago United were dominating everything. Arsenal, then Chelsea had a good go too.

Man Utd will be back. Spurs & Liverpool are on the rise. Never write Arsenal off either. Can see Chelsea falling into the abyss once they lose Hazard + their 2x window transfer ban though.

Count ourselves lucky that we get to play in such an incredible, wealthy league. There's no reason why we can't emulate Wolves and reach Europe (or even Leicester 15/16 and win the league :lolol:).

nice try

but no cigar

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep I’m up for the Top six buggering off to be in a World or European League. The financial gap is not healthy for the game

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yep I’m up for the Top six buggering off to be in a World or European League. The financial gap is not healthy for the game

If there were a World or European League then it would be likely not to have a promotion/relegation system, (how could it?).

There is a massive financial gulf between the Premier League and the Championship but at least clubs can move between the two.

For that reason it’s a no from me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Count ourselves lucky that we get to play in such an incredible, wealthy league. There's no reason why we can't emulate Wolves and reach Europe (or even Leicester 15/16 and win the league [emoji38]ol:).

Count ourselves lucky? This league is p1ss poor value unless you are top six or thereabouts. Everyone else is terrified of relegation. It was loads better entertainment before the money came in. The Premier league reminds me of the story The Emperor's Clothes.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I grew up on the Premier League in the 90's where Man Utd won everything. I enjoyed it as a neutral then, but it's far more entertaining now with six teams in the mix.

The only reason clubs are terrified of relegation is because the Premier League is worth so much money. Relegation isn't the end of the world for a well managed club like us, but we want to stay up because it's brilliant up here, being able to spend 10's of millions on players, with a chance of Europe or Cup success.

you were 20 years too late

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
And don't forget they want to change the Champions League to Saturday's and move the Domestic League to midweek....

Whilst we complain about the Top 6, that' s 5 more than most leagues across Europe.
They do not have a financial rewards from their leagues so want to create this new European League to compensate.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I grew up on the Premier League in the 90's where Man Utd won everything. I enjoyed it as a neutral then, but it's far more entertaining now with six teams in the mix.

The only reason clubs are terrified of relegation is because the Premier League is worth so much money. Relegation isn't the end of the world for a well managed club like us, but we want to stay up because it's brilliant up here, being able to spend 10's of millions on players, with a chance of Europe or Cup success.

Well I am, genuinely, glad you are enjoying the PL and find it entertaining.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I really wouldn’t care if the big boys went to a European League. The only thing would be the promotion relegation issue.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yes please. We're currently competing with teams in a different league to us, we're premier league, they're champions league - and that make no real sense, they should just stay in the league they're building a team for, and let us do the same

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
European league is probably coming and let it happen, if it’s as popular as champions league it’ll be dead in 5 years. At work and with my mates no one talks about champions league, we all talk about premier league and championship. So apart from player and media love in about playing in champions league who cares. Premier league will become more competitive - I supposed The likes of Everton will be favourite so that gives everyone a chance of winning it.

All ways felt the same applied to in Scotland if Celtic and rangers left to join English league, league would become so much more competitive.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

For our 'well managed club', dropping back to The Championship would be a financial disaster once the Parachute Payments dry up. We need to stay up now, otherwise Tony's going to get fed up pumping Millions in every year.

Brilliant up here because we can spend 10s of millions on players? Is that it? I go to football to watch two teams, reasonably evenly matched, each trying to win with each having a chance of doing so. Hopefully we might get to see that (winning) again occasionally next season.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here