Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dani Alves, 36

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes please but absolutely no chance in our probable new young and English approach

Wages would be the next problem

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Great player, but, even at that age, his wages would be too high.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
He is a class act and would still at 36 be a brilliant addition to our defence.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No way.

We'll look like one of those tinpot Prem teams who sign big name pensioners just to get the media attention, shirt sales and the chance to say "so and so played for us".

Bloom wants us to be bigger and better than that.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
No way.

We'll look like one of those tinpot Prem teams who sign big name pensioners just to get the media attention, shirt sales and the chance to say "so and so played for us".

Bloom wants us to be bigger and better than that.

Upson, Bridge, Vicente. Etc.
Can only imagine Ali J was signed purely to attract attention in Iran. Certainly hasn't been to improve the team.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
‘Dani, can I introduce you to West Ham. West Ham, this is dani ‘

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Upson, Bridge, Vicente. Etc.
Can only imagine Ali J was signed purely to attract attention in Iran. Certainly hasn't been to improve the team.
Last season definitely. Who knows what next season might bring when he's told to go forward?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If he wants to play in the Premier League, it will be for a bottom half team at his age.

..... and, if he wants to play at all, it will have to be on a wage that the club can afford/are prepared to pay, not on the pay he may have got when in his prime. If he wants to play football (which he won't be able to do at all for ever) he might have to support himself partly on what's left of the massive wages he has been lucky enough to be paid when he was in his prime.

......and if by any chance he's blown the lot on horses, hookers and cocaine (not that I'm suggesting that he has), then £20 or £30K a week would probably be a better bet than bankruptcy and homelessness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here