Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Members

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

0 Not allowed!
    An off the wall choice to replace CH but knows how to set up teams to play fluent attacking football

He turned League Two hoof ball Burton under Rowett into a very fluent team well on their way to a second promotion when he left

Could be partnered up with Rosenior to keep on top the defensive aspects of team set up - am sure Rosenior joining under 23 coaching set up and them having their best season ever and not unrelated coincidences either

Statistically is no way Burton should have gone from League Two through to the Championship - but they did

Very similar to what Potter did in Sweden - though to be fair he went through all the leagues

Hasselbaink lives in Surrey so no issues of relocating family which to me is why Potter may well not be too fussed at missing out

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      Top bloke. Top manager. Our best. A club legend. The right call though.

3 Not allowed!
      Behave
      You make me
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      My QPR mate has just sent me this an important update.........WTF

He's a baggage handler....
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37654637
      Last edited by AmexRuislip; 18-05-2019 at 15:53.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ac gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      An off the wall choice to replace CH but knows how to set up teams to play fluent attacking football

He turned League Two hoof ball Burton under Rowett into a very fluent team well on their way to a second promotion when he left

Could be partnered up with Rosenior to keep on top the defensive aspects of team set up - am sure Rosenior joining under 23 coaching set up and them having their best season ever and not unrelated coincidences either

Statistically is no way Burton should have gone from League Two through to the Championship - but they did

Very similar to what Potter did in Sweden - though to be fair he went through all the leagues

Hasselbaink lives in Surrey so no issues of relocating family which to me is why Potter may well not be too fussed at missing out
      The Queen sometimes stays at Windsor, doesn't meant to say she's Albion's next manager....

Oh wait.....!
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      I haven't seen Dr No for a while.
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

A funny thing, I was thinking pretty much the same as you when l saw Jimmy on punditry duty the other nigh. Could he be a good fit for the Allbion? I don't know, but l'm sure that there are a lot worse choices of candidate out there.
      Members

2 Not allowed!

This is a joke, right? He wouldn't get a league one job these days.
      Members

0 Not allowed!

BAME will be the only ones approving this.
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Forster's Armband View Post
      This is a joke, right? He wouldn't get a league one job these days.
      No you are right, he doesn't seem to be getting anything much at all in the way of job offers, but looking back over his managerial career he has some successes, and yes some failures too.

I think he does deserve another chance somewhere, although admittedly probably too much of a risk at Premier Leage level.