Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Summer 2019 transfer business - other clubs

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bmuff are off to an early start, spending £13m.

C26F1009-7FB0-46E4-B406-19E5815B8896.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why are the likes of Bournemouth able to do this, whereas we aren't? . . . or don't?

Annoying, isn’t it? Never mind I’m sure we’ll be in for another foreign under 23 one for the future soon

Settled club with the manager choosing the players and paying the going rate is probably the answer re Bournemouth

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Bournemouth will be ahead of the curve of the HGP rule. Clearly some of their business hasn't worked out (Ibe) but they have a good core of HGP that when the clubs higher up the food chain need some to bulk out their 25 man squads they will stand to make a pretty penny.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why are the likes of Bournemouth able to do this, whereas we aren't? . . . or don't?

I would imagine that Dan Ashworth is looking at just this issue. Quality English players have come through the age groups in recent years, who go on to prove their worth at PL level. Gomez, Ake, Maddison, Chilwell, to name just four.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

To be fair, two years ago we signed Gross before the German season ended and last year I think we signed Andone and Balogun in May.

In terms of English players, I would say having to pay £13 million for a Bristol City left back is exactly why we tend to look overseas. Bernardo only cost £9 million and had Bundesliga experience.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, two years ago we signed Gross before the German season ended and last year I think we signed Andone and Balogun in May.

In terms of English players, I would say having to pay £13 million for a Bristol City left back is exactly why we tend to look overseas. Bernardo only cost £9 million and had Bundesliga experience.

Shush - we were on the verge of a binfest there for a second.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Don't Bornmuff pay considerably higher wages than us from their shady infinite reserves?
Could also argue after last season they seem a far more stable mid table side than our bunch of nervy relegation threatened cloggers.
'Muff sign some awesome young lads, ours sit in the development squad like cockblocked horny teenagers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here