Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Up for the Cup?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When you see the players Citeh can bring on from the bench, it reminds me a bit of Sky's GT dominance in cycling. And what a boring load of shite that has been.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Well yeah. It's not really 11 men behind the ball when we've only got 10 on the pitch. And the two goals before Knocky was sent off were on the break (not 11 men behind the ball).

We still got hammered and even when we were down we still kept passing sideways and backwards. We would need more than 11 players against this City team, we would struggle even if we had 15 v 11.

But my point was Bournemouth are no City and like you said couple of the goals against them were on the counter, so we got battered going forward against Bournemouth which is why Im saying, yeah its great to attack but we still need to find the balance and keep the shape Chris drummed into us.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This is pretty condescending:

'Unfortunately the pundits are retired footballers who have played at the top of the game and understand it better than us.
'

Really ???

I wasn't even replying to you and you were offended on someone else behalf? and the comment I was replying to said "couldn't give a shit about the pundits TBH".

As I said; this is getting a bit daft now. I will be accused of being patronising and sarcastic next.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Really ???

I wasn't even replying to you and you were offended on someone else behalf? and the comment I was replying to said "couldn't give a shit about the pundits TBH".

As I said; this is getting a bit daft now. I will be accused of being patronising and sarcastic next.

I am not in the least offended. I just disagree with your point. Why don't you stick to the point which was that studio 'experts' know far more about the game than anyone else as they were good at kicking a ball around? Leave out all the imaginings about what people are thinking as you are wide of the mark. It is only that comment that I disagree with, I pointed it out, I believe it is unjustifiable and yet you keep coming back with comments, none of which address the one I mentioned. I say silly things, see the clapping Kompany thread, but I am old enough and big enough to admit when I have been out of line. Why not try it?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I am not in the least offended. I just disagree with your point. Why don't you stick to the point which was that studio 'experts' know far more about the game than anyone else as they were good at kicking a ball around? Leave out all the imaginings about what people are thinking as you are wide of the mark. It is only that comment that I disagree with, I pointed it out, I believe it is unjustifiable and yet you keep coming back with comments, none of which address the one I mentioned. I say silly things, see the clapping Kompany thread, but I am old enough and big enough to admit when I have been out of line. Why not try it?

Disagreeing with a point is different from accusing me of being condescending.

My response to a poster was regarding whether playing for a 0-0 draw for 120 mins and then winning on penalties was a good tactic or not;

0-0's are not a good advert for football especially for the neutral after 120 mins. I think the priority has to be entertainment for the worldwide audience. Certainly in cup competitions when the league status isn't at stake.

His response was " "couldn't give a shit about the pundits TBH".

And I responded to him accordingly.

Not sure what it is that I am having to admit to, and even if I was condescending, it wasn't to you, and it's was just general chat on a forum that should be taken with a pinch of salt and not overthought.

If you want to say that I am talking rubbish on a particular point that is fair enough.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The natural law is going in force next year and under the CURRENT laws it clearly wasnt deliberate

Disagree. His arm was raised. And referees already take into account whether the arm is in an unnatural position and how close the player is when the ball is struck. It's the business about the silhouette that comes in next season in European games.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
So... I went to the Cup Final in support of my Watford-loving son. As you may have heard, it did not go well.

What amused me, however, was the number of Albion stickers I saw around the place - no other team's, just Albion, including a big North Stand Kollective sticker still prominently attached to the bar top in the bar near the escalators on the top level. The dirty ******** can't do much cleaning, given it's been 6 weeks and there were 3 other matches played at Wembley between that semi and the final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here