Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Up for the Cup?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
0 - 6.........

No doubt all but committed City fans hoped for a Watford victory but at least it makes Brighton look a little better.
At least we scored against them....

Surely makes our 0-1 semi-final look like an even better performance.
We completely shut down City in a way that Watford were obviously unable to do.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Yep. Disgusting the way Shearer and co slated our performance that day. I remember shearer saying 'a better team would have hurt City more on an off day like today...' Amongst other things.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Unfortunately the pundits are retired footballers who have played at the top of the game and understand it better than us. Unless you can point any other team out, were the most defensive minded team in the Prem? and were fairly clueless in the final third as well.

They could play the game better they dont understand it better.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I didn't watch the game and I won't be watching the highlights. What fun is it watching the school bully punch the little kid with glasses for the 500th time? :shrug:

I used to love the FA Cup Final - when it was a competition. As soon as you throw Citeh in with any club who isn't top six the anal fisting express leaves platform one for a non-stop journey to Manchester. Boring.

Agreed - what a surprise result! A yawningly boring and embarrassingly easy outcome that undermines and devalues the competition. I hope they get absolutely shafted for breach of FFP.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Unfortunately the pundits are retired footballers who have played at the top of the game and understand it better than us. Unless you can point any other team out, were the most defensive minded team in the Prem? and were fairly clueless in the final third as well.
Sorry but that is a laughable comment. Some of them understand the game well and some don't. Just like the rest of us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So did Sterling score a hattrick or not. I thought the GLT clearly showed the complete ball had not crossed the line when he got the touch but they seem to be sentimentally giving it to Jesus!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
But it was soooo boring! Hughton out!

What foolz.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It's not quite that clear cut though, is it?

City had other irons in the fire, that day, all they needed to do was win with the minimal amount of fuss.

If City were to be playing in Madrid next week, against a well rest Liverpool, I assume you'll agree that they wouldn't have been charging forward, in the last half hour, while holding a comfortable 2 goal lead.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

City had other irons in the fire, that day, all they needed to do was win with the minimal amount of fuss.

If City were to be playing in Madrid next week, against a well rest Liverpool, I assume you'll agree that they wouldn't have been charging forward, in the last half hour, while holding a comfortable 2 goal lead.

I agree. But they would still have been holding a comfortable 2 goal lead. Which they weren't against us.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

Bollocks they didnt even play their strongest team this game.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What is laughable? Let me know when a NSC member gets invited onto MOTD for their qualified opinion.
Well this board is in dispute about what qualifies as having the right credentials for appearing on MOTD. But notwithstanding that, as far as I am concerned, the top players have earned the right to appear on it, whereas a random poster on NSC hasn't. That has absolutely no bearing on whether the person in question is talking sense or spouting nonsense.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
You. If you believe this then nobody can criticise any player or manager unless they played at a higher level.

Well this board is in dispute about what qualifies as having the right credentials for appearing on MOTD. But notwithstanding that, as far as I am concerned, the top players have earned the right to appear on it, whereas a random poster on NSC hasn't. That has absolutely no bearing on whether the person in question is talking sense or spouting nonsense.

This is getting a bit daft now. Everyone is free to criticise and everyone is free to choose who to take more seriously.

No doubt you will tell me that you coach a local team and that you would know more than myself about training methods, motivation and sports psychology. Personally I take what Warren Aspinal says very seriously and I believe that he is a qualified voice and a man of integrity in a world of football.

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here