Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Up for the Cup?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is getting a bit daft now. Everyone is free to criticise and everyone is free to choose who to take more seriously.

No doubt you will tell me that you coach a local team and that you would know more than myself about training methods, motivation and sports psychology. Personally I take what Warren Aspinal says very seriously and I believe that he is a qualified voice and a man of integrity in a world of football.
Why not accept you said a very condescending thing that wasn't true? As for myself, no, I make no claim to know any more than any other fellow.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great win, citeh. Momentous season. Respect.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't missed a playoff game yet, but didn't see a second of this one. Football is still alive, just choose what to watch.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Getting beaten 6 (six)-0 in the FA Cup Final really is the stuff of recurring nightmares, no matter who the opposition.

I bet Watford fans are wishing Wolves had won that semi now.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Really, if we had their player budget I would expect nothing less than that and that is surely where it is all wrong

Both Kompany (during the game) and Pep (after the sixth went in) looked embarrassed and sheepish. Almost as if they would rather the team would throttle back a bit to make the results of their alleged financial doping a bit less obvious. City are a bit like those benefit cheats claiming disability living allowance who then get caught scuba diving in Eygpt or doing the conga at a ruby wedding anniversary.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
What I find galling is that if they had had VAR in the quarter-finals, City would very probably have been knocked out. I wanted Watford to win, but at least the 6-0 puts our replay defeat in the shade.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How have I been condescending? You need to trace the origin of the conversation and get back to me when you have found it to remind me of what I wrote.

This is pretty condescending:

'Unfortunately the pundits are retired footballers who have played at the top of the game and understand it better than us.
'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here