Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Up for the Cup?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
At 2-0 I turned to watch the last episode of Don't Forget the Driver, and now I'm in the bath. Interested in a possible upset but not a diamond-encrusted trouncing. Where's the fascination in the richest proving they can out buy the rest of us?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
5-0. Embarrassing for the game. Unfair and we should all be very angry, no matter how pretty the football is. Level the playing field #FFP @ChampionsLeague @EmiratesFACup [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION]

They need to be punished for unfair financial play. This is not good for football. I remember when City were a real club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Shows how much football is dying. If Liverpool or Spurs win the CL, they'll be considered to have had a better season, than the side who won the treble.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
5-0. Embarrassing for the game. Unfair and we should all be very angry, no matter how pretty the football is. Level the playing field #FFP @ChampionsLeague @EmiratesFACup [MENTION=34361]PremierLeague[/MENTION]

They need to be punished for unfair financial play. This is not good for football. I remember when City were a real club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is surprising how many of them miss the days of losing 2-1 at York City and drawing with Wrexham in what is now League One, but it was the season they won that crazy game at Wembley with Gillingham at 2-0 down in the 91st minute. Five minutes later 2-2, then extra-time and Nicky Weaver was the hero in the penalty shoot-out.

#Real football.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Shows how UTTERLY deluded Ian Wright is: "I don't begrudge City at all. Those fans know bad times. They have been through the lower divisions"

The world has gone mad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had enough of Man City. Success 95% bought with money. They are NOT good for our game imo.

The gushing is really starting to piss me off

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I didn't watch the game and I won't be watching the highlights. What fun is it watching the school bully punch the little kid with glasses for the 500th time? :shrug:

I used to love the FA Cup Final - when it was a competition. As soon as you throw Citeh in with any club who isn't top six the anal fisting express leaves platform one for a non-stop journey to Manchester. Boring.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
0-0's are not a good advert for football especially for the neutral after 120 mins. I think the priority has to be entertainment for the worldwide audience. Certainly in cup competitions when the league status isn't at stake.

**** the neutrals

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Gonna swim against the tide here, I absolutely love watching City, as a team and individually they are brilliant.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gonna swim against the tide here, I absolutely love watching City, as a team and individually they are brilliant.

Yes, but it wears thin after a while imo. It’s like watching a Ferrari racing a Ford Mondeo, once it’s not competitive it’s a bit Harlem Globetrotters, just entertainment without an edge.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Don’t think anyone can complain next season when teams play their reserve players, as ultimately you can’t win the cups any more!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't watch the game and I won't be watching the highlights. What fun is it watching the school bully punch the little kid with glasses for the 500th time? :shrug:

I used to love the FA Cup Final - when it was a competition. As soon as you throw Citeh in with any club who isn't top six the anal fisting express leaves platform one for a non-stop journey to Manchester. Boring.

This.
25 great players, bought partly with oil money, mean injuries can never, ever hurt ManC.

Has this happened in football history before? I can only think of the Real Madrid Galactico’s where a similar situation was contrived.

Why is this good for the sport?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here