Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

What does the Albion mean to you?

1 Not allowed!
    After a rough few days and the club entering a new phase what does going to the football mean to you?

As part pf the lost generation it was a club who i loved for no real reason other than i had to and we then got the amex and it become a club i only ever dreamed of. We have since made the prem and all had a lovely tome but everything we achieved was on another level that i could never dream of.

Now in my 30s its become more than football and a place i see friends and people i would otherwise not see. Regardless of where we go or who we might of been, the last 8 years have changed everything i see about football not is it a only my club and a place i love but its become a place where i see friends and meet new people who on the regs change my way of thinking.

I think in the last few days and months we have forgot what what we are and who we were and the outcome of whatever may be we are a special club and full of unreal people.

Im absolutely sheeboed but we are lucky to have a team we are proud of. Good or bad it brings people together and has changed this city for the best.

On a side note can we name every keeper since withdean without cheating. Go.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      On a quick proof read that mates little sense. But the sentiment is lets be proud of who we are where we come from and who we are now.

4 Not allowed!
      Munkfish, I suspect you may have come straight from the Fridat night drinking thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

5 Not allowed!
      It's going to sound really cheesy, but its something I've thought about for a few years now.

The Albion means as much to me as anything else.
      From 12-20ish it was the only real stable thing in my world, at the time. Funny saying that, as my first game at 10, was the last game at the Goldstone, total instability and uncertainty for the club, but I didn't really know much about what was going on, except there was a place (mostly Withdean) I could go to which was always familiar to me, with good friendly people all around. The score, league position, transfers and club politics didn't matter to me (at the time), just to be somewhere I felt at home, comfortable (despite the rain) and a place I was actually excited to visit.

My favourite times as an Albion were at Withdean, in my early to mid teens. Not that I don't appreciate where we've come, but it was a time and place that provided me some escape at a time I really needed it.

Sorry about the cheese, it's a good question & thread imo.

0 Not allowed!
      Mark Ormerod/Mark Walton
      Mark Cartwright/Will Packham
      FDM
      Ben Roberts
      Graham Smith

0 Not allowed!
      This season, circa £1500 season ticket to watch horrific football and ruin my weekend and probably a Wednesday too, hassle getting to and from the stadium, probably spend close to £50 in the lounge including lottery tickets every game, several away games which in all must of set me back min £100 for the trip.

Iíll be back for more of the same in August though so I guess thatís what the Albion mean to me.
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

10 Not allowed!
      Listen up newbies! I’ve been supporting the Albion now for 55 years - yes, that’s right FIFTY FIVE YEARS!! I tell you what, the passion never leaves you, it’s there for life. I was as excited when we won promotion in 2017 as I was when I saw us win “my first promotion” in 1972. Cheesy or not it’s a hell of an enduring love.
      Just a hedgehog on the motorway of life.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      OP reminds me of instructions that have been translated from Japanese into English and makes little sense
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Listen up newbies! I’ve been supporting the Albion now for 55 years - yes, that’s right FIFTY FIVE YEARS!! I tell you what, the passion never leaves you, it’s there for life. I was as excited when we won promotion in 2017 as I was when I saw us win “my first promotion” in 1972. Cheesy or not it’s a hell of an enduring love.
      Can only do 50 years service, but with you all the way!

0 Not allowed!
      1. Somewhere to be on a Saturday (or Sunday and weekday evenings).
      2. A different type of pain and suffering that I cannot attain from work alone.
      3. Access to Bovril.
      4. A chance to catch up with friends and family.
      5. Opportunity to exercise my vocal chords without restraint.
      6. Brief moments of unbridled joy.
      Sent from my Omsung A5 Phine.