Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Charlton v Donny Rovers, League 1 playoff semi

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not for a semi final, celebrating like they won the league there. I dont think we would have done that if we had won league one.

What was with the polis making the penalties be taken in front of the Charlton fans? Such a cheating moment that. Something to do with safety but no more was said, it was so safe there was a micky mouse pitch invasion.

Donny played the better football and it was a much better game than ours the night before, which was all about just getting a job done which we did

Yeh even more so for a play off semi - it’s almost tradition! Did you go in v Swindon? Many were in when Virgs equalised and the game was still going...!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Could someone please tell the Daily Mail sports desk how the match finished? The hard copy paper says “ aggregate score 3-3 match goes to extra time”. Yes I should buy a different paper or read the on-line version - but FFS what lazy ‘kin journalism! What’s the point of giving me a match report when you don’t know the ‘kin outcome?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well done Charlton. Would never see fan scenes like that and a whole stadium singing at the franchise. Def the pride of South London, followed by Bromley [MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION] [MENTION=28302]ThePaddy[/MENTION] - it just gets worse and worse this season eh :lol:
Point of order , Bromley is in Kent . As a aside I’ve been asking my Bromley pals if they know you and they either shrug their shoulders or burst out laughing.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
So, the administrative areas don't match the County lines, tell us something new.

There are parts of Sussex that are administered by Kent, and Surrey County Council's main offices aren't actually in the administered area.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bromley used to be in Kent until the Metropolitan Boroughs were reorganised. Political boundaries are not the same as county boundaries.

Wow. I saw this thread had been bounced. Talk about derailing. Fantastic work! :bowdown::lolol::thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
There is Bromley the area and Bromley the administrative area. Same with Southwark and Lambeth (probably dozens of other examples). Penge, which comes under the Borough of Bromley, is definitely London as is the area Bromley but Biggin Hill and Chelsfield (at the SW and SE of the borough) are hardly London are they? Unless you take the view everything inside the M25 is London nowadays.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
There is Bromley the area and Bromley the administrative area. Same with Southwark and Lambeth (probably dozens of other examples). Penge, which comes under the Borough of Bromley, is definitely London as is the area Bromley but Biggin Hill and Chelsfield (at the SW and SE of the borough) are hardly London are they? Unless you take the view everything inside the M25 is London nowadays.
I wouldn’t give my address as Orpington, London.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here