Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] New Banner Motto - the POLL

What should be the new phrase on the NSC banner?

• #TeamsLikeBrighton

Votes: 104 36.9%
  • Totally Sheeboed

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Not buying it on principle

Votes: 6 2.1%
  • Binfest

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Home of the binfest

Votes: 54 19.1%
  • #UTA

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Curry night hun? xx

• When are the fixtures out?

• Fixtures

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • we weren’t at our best

• These are a very good side

Votes: 22 7.8%
  • A club at our level

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Stand or Fall

Votes: 90 31.9%
  • From Hereford to Here

Votes: 26 9.2%
  • From Withdean to Wembley

Votes: 25 8.9%
  • Scenes

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • #BarberOut

Votes: 19 6.7%
  • Not at our levels

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Potter's Wheel Loose

Votes: 12 4.3%
  • Omsung Phine

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • I had to fold it in

Votes: 22 7.8%
  • Wouldn't happen in Germany

Votes: 20 7.1%
  • League One at best

Votes: 17 6.0%
  • 1910 FA Charity Shield Winners

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Marvellous Scones Shirley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Aye after watching the 10 minute documentary on Ostersund I think Eljest needs serious consideration!

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
What I liked about Were Loose was it had a sense of humility and it was an in-joke. That's why it's #TeamsLikeBrighton for me.

Stand or Fall is for the Amex, not NSC.

Personally I think the compromise might be use a Stand or Fall picture (from the North Stand wall) and have #TeamsLikeBrighton as the tagline.
But only if #TeamsLikeBrighton wins. Otherwise I'm going to kick off big style... might even flounce!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Personally I think the compromise might be use a Stand or Fall picture (from the North Stand wall) and have #TeamsLikeBrighton as the tagline.
But only if #TeamsLikeBrighton wins. Otherwise I'm going to kick off big style... might even flounce!

Bin the #

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What I liked about Were Loose was it had a sense of humility and it was an in-joke. That's why it's #TeamsLikeBrighton for me.

Stand or Fall is for the Amex, not NSC.

Fully agree with the comment on Stand or Fall. But I'm not a fan of #TeamsLikeBrighton either, simply because the whole hashtag thing really is 'Heart FM' in its level of banality and naffness.

If it is a choice between one or the other, my vote now becomes "neither."

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Fully agree with the comment on Stand or Fall. But I'm not a fan of #TeamsLikeBrighton either, simply because the whole hashtag thing really is 'Heart FM' in its level of banality and naffness.

If it is a choice between one or the other, my vote now becomes "neither."

I guess the "#" is a generational thing.... which clearly has passed me by because I am not on twitterbook at all, but the original trigger for this was someone tweeting "We should be beating #TeamsLikeBrighton". So this is meant as an ironic two fingers to them, that's why I think this sums up NSC so well.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
91FD5EDF-78DF-4D89-9E60-6BB713353F3A.gif

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:bounce:

Now, I bet [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] had forgotten all about this because, let's face it, I did. So I'm tagging him in as my ADMIN role is over.

The clear winner is #TeamsLikeBrighton. What background it goes on, with or without hashtag I neither know not care. That's up to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] to work out.

My work here is done. You ungrateful lot :lolol: :wrong: :shootself:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Now, I bet [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] had forgotten all about this because, let's face it, I did. So I'm tagging him in as my ADMIN role is over.

The clear winner is #TeamsLikeBrighton. What background it goes on, with or without hashtag I neither know not care. That's up to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] to work out.

The background should feature teams LIKE Brighton. Other Albions. Other teams which play in blue and white stripes.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Personally, I'd keep it, but if you ditch the hash symbol then it should be 'Teams like Brighton', otherwise it'll look shite without the spaces. IMO, like...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Thank you for your excellent work organising a poll that resulted in my suggestion winning. I shall not flounce as a result.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What's the ETA on this?

Pre-season I hope?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Never saw this poll. I was on Holiday that week.

My extra vote for 'Stand or Fall' won't have changed it though. (is there room for 2 mottos?)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
And the meaning of #teams like Brighton is?

Teams similar to Brighton?
Teams love Brighton?

Means nothing at all to me and I'm a long standing Brighton fan and a fairly regular NSCer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And the meaning of #teams like Brighton is?

Teams similar to Brighton?
Teams love Brighton?

Means nothing at all to me and I'm a long standing Brighton fan and a fairly regular NSCer.

If you use Twitter you will regularly see fans of other clubs, who feel entitled. These other fans use the phrase 'we really should be beating teams like Brighton

It happened in League 1, more so in the Championship and almost off the scale in the Premier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here