Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Do you prefer watching the cricket on the telly, or listening on the radio?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
For me, even though I have access to sky on the telly, I always listen to the radio.

Cold beer, cold meats and cheeses, and cricket on the radio.

Beautifull.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I love listening to TMS on a sunny day in the garden. Literal heaven on rare occasions undisturbed and guilt-free... :)

This current match I'm happy having the Sky pictures to look at while "working". Some of the enjoyment is only possible through the visual medium.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I really enjoy the Sky coverage, and their different commentators they have. Except when that miserable old windbag Nasser Hussein is in the box.

Cricket, as opposed to football, is now the main reason I keep Sky.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Both have their merits. If there’s a decent commentator on TV, I’d sway with that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
TMS of course. Not too sure about some of the newbies but Vaughan was a bit of a cock to start with and he has now settled in properly.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
** Unpopular opinion ** - But I actually thought TalkSport did a great job over the winter....and in some respects were better than TMS.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Test matches radio, limited overs television.

I get that PH, as I do watch the 20/20 on the telly. However, the rest of it is radio for me.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love both. But if I can watch then I generally will. Today I was listening while working, now I'm watching it. Then I'll listen in the car on the way to the cricket club, then I'll watch it at the club etc.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bumble is now a cult status comedic commentator, he really is very funny

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Both when possible. TMS commentary and volume down on the telly.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
This is like the question on which of your children you prefer. Really hard to say - depends on the state of the game (if exciting I am drawn to the TV), who is commentating (I avoid Phil Tufnell and his faux cockney routine) and circumstances (e.g. if I'm 'working from home' then it's the radio).

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
This is like the question on which of your children you prefer. Really hard to say - depends on the state of the game (if exciting I am drawn to the TV), who is commentating (I avoid Phil Tufnell and his faux cockney routine) and circumstances (e.g. if I'm 'working from home' then it's the radio).

Exactly this, but dont leave out reading about Cricket, some of the finest books I have ever read are Cricket related.

Its a proper sport...I rarely watch football or read about it or listen to it unless the team I support are involved, but I can watch any cricket at any level.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Overseas tour late at night: TMS.

Test match cricket when you can’t be arsed to watch hours of play for moments of excellence: TMS then quick dash to the tv for the replay

ODIs: Tellybox

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Generally prefer sport on the radio. Boxing in particular.
It’s relaxing, in a way that watching video isn’t

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here