Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football and mental health

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Peter Crouch talking very well on the mental health programme currently on BBC1. What a nice fella. He talks about feeling like a freak growing up, being so tall and skinny. What a horrible thing being booed coming on to play for England. :down:

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Peter Crouch talking very well on the mental health programme currently on BBC1. What a nice fella. He talks about feeling like a freak growing up, being so tall and skinny. What a horrible thing being booed coming on to play for England. :down:

Just goes to show doesn’t matter who you are, anyone can suffer from mental issues. Great program. I hope it can help anyone suffering in silence to open up. You’re not alone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I would gladly swap mental well being (whatever that is) for a few million and when I felt down I would get on a plane and sit on a beach drinking pina coladas.

And therein lies your ignorance of mental wellbeing. You can't swap it. If only it were that simple.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I recently read his autobio. Because he hit the ground running for England and clubs with early goals, the booing from the stands soon stopped. He overcame the natural awkwardness and the self consciousness that came from his ungainly height, to become an extrovert and joker. Another example of turning issues around.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here