Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not everyone follows the 'acceptable' trendy liberal line ya know. How can anyone take a bunch of millionaire footballers and the future king of England talking about depression seriously? Perhaps they should be confronted by some hard working people who work in a dull job and earn a pittance and explain their 'depression' to them. I will sympathise all day long with genuine hardship but a guy on 100k a week talking about depression?
    This is truly baffling. Sad. This isn't a case of having the wrong opinion, this is very clear cut stuff. Anyone, anywhere can have a mental illness be it depression, bipolar disorder or anything else. Similarly to being gay, black, white, male, female, straight, it's not a choice it simply is. How can you not grasp this? I feel like you're about to make a new post about the earth being flat or something. Words rarely fail me but this time I am flabbergasted. Imagine gatekeeping mental health, lord.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Not everyone follows the 'acceptable' trendy liberal line ya know. How can anyone take a bunch of millionaire footballers and the future king of England talking about depression seriously? Perhaps they should be confronted by some hard working people who work in a dull job and earn a pittance and explain their 'depression' to them. I will sympathise all day long with genuine hardship but a guy on 100k a week talking about depression?
      Bloody hell. Just........bloody hell. Depression only affects the poor. Wow. Do some research FFS.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48294687

Try being diagnosed with a life changing illness and not being able to work and seeing ya income dry up risking losing your home or working endless hours for a pittance never being able to afford any of life's pleasures. That's depression.
      It was only last year Avicii (famous DJ) hung himself at the peak of his dream career, at just 28 years old.

He obviously didn't have depression considering what a great life he was living....

0 Not allowed!
      double post.

0 Not allowed!
      Patronising.
      Genuinely meant that

3 Not allowed!
      It helps.
      No, it doesn't. People try to deal with depression by drinking (which makes it worse), drugs, relationships, sex etc

Depression is not feeling fed up because life has gone wrong, as you can be depressed when there's nothing to be depressed about. It is sometimes down to a chemical imbalance in the brain, such as hormones. Post natal depression can be a killer.

I think you need to talk to a qualified person about a lack of empathy, or why you felt the need to demonstrate your ignorance on a public forum to make yourself feel better.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Yeah maybe it is with middle aged men but not millionaire middle aged men. Not dismissing mental health but I am millionaire footballers who claim to suffer from it.
      Pretty surprising that in this day and age there are still people who can't grasp the fact that money and fame mean absolutely sod all if you are suffering from a mental illness. I thought that was generally accepted in this country now, although judging by the responses to the op it seems it is by most which is good...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Yes it does. I had my own battles after the death of my father, wasn't just exclusive to AK ya know.
      But according to your logic surely AK must be too rich and famous to suffer!?!
      Technocrat

1 Not allowed!
      The participants in the documentary (a selection of current and ex footballers and a Prince) don't know the meaning of the word 'depression.' Try being diagnosed with a life changing illness and not being able to work and seeing ya income dry up risking losing your home or working endless hours for a pittance never being able to afford any of life's pleasures. That's depression.
      That's not depression, that's bad luck and circumstance.

Depression and mental wellbeing is happening inside your brain, money has nothing to do with it. If anything the more focus you put into money and obtaining material things there more likely you are to be depressed. Happiness comes from family, friends, relationships, kindness, doing nice things etc etc

0 Not allowed!
      The OP isn't. Sad really that if someone dares express the 'wrong' opinion on here you get accussed of fishing.
      But, unless I'm mistaken, it's not an opinion being expressed - it's fact. You're effectively saying that wealthy and/or successful people don't/shouldn't suffer from depression.

That's clearly incorrect.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk