Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Ghosts

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone on here really enjoying the bbc comedy on Monday nights?

It is one of those really gentle humour shows that doesn’t require much thinking about.

After a long day at work, it is a really good antidote to all the crap in the world at the moment.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyone on here really enjoying the bbc comedy on Monday nights?

It is one of those really gentle humour shows that doesn’t require much thinking about.

After a long day at work, it is a really good antidote to all the crap in the world at the moment.

is that the one by the people who did horrible histories?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Agreed :thumbsup:
Nicely written and very silly show from the Horrible Histories crew. Works for me.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Really watchable comedy in my opinion, funny all the way through in a gentle sort of way. Simon Farnaby is becoming one of my favourite comic actors.

Yonderland was good but started to get a bit over-engineered I thought. I kind of lost interest after a while. With Ghosts the set-up is a bit simpler and the characters are strong.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Love the disgraced MP living in perpetuity with no trousers on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Will have to catch it on iPlayer.

Simon Farnaby is always good value. Loved his character in Detectorists.
Is Mathew Baynton in it too?

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
After the first 10 minutes, the missus (El Capitan has enforced the law that all missus should be described as missus from now on) and I were ready to throw in the towel but fair to say it has really grown on us.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Ghosts has been quite fun but Mum returned this week on BBC2. Final series unfortunately.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Just watched the first two episodes back to back - highly enjoyable. Will encourage the missus to watch.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Really watchable comedy in my opinion, funny all the way through in a gentle sort of way. Simon Farnaby is becoming one of my favourite comic actors.

Yonderland was good but started to get a bit over-engineered I thought. I kind of lost interest after a while. With Ghosts the set-up is a bit simpler and the characters are strong.

Agree with both points. (Took Yonderland off the planner). Ghosts is hardly cutting edge, but as has been said it's a gentle comedy to unwind to with the odd chuckle. Seen worse, much worse.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
BBC and comedy is the same sentence, I don't believe it

000070D600000258-0-image-m-63_1470354616717.jpg

Its true

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Absolutely love it. The bit where they were dancing around the table, lead by the Stone-Age bloke in last Monday's episode had me in stitches!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve just watched 15 minutes of it. Feck me I can’t believe how dreadful it is........ I despair of you lot.
I’m actually yearning for a Brexit discussion now.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Slow start but got better and better . Loved it

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I like it. I find the two lead characters very amiable. It doesn't try too hard by being shouty or coarse which is quite refreshing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here