Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Matty Ryan Socceroo, Soceroo...."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
"You're just a small town in...." is THE worst song we (well, you) sing.

eg "Small town in Tottenham" sung at Arsenal.

That's TOTAL cringe.

Not as bad as 'small town in Villa...' :ffsparr:

The Socceroo song is a hybrid.

I despair that our esteemed songwriters are only able to come up with cover versions.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Surely the worst some was(is?) that rip-off of the one that mob up the road sing with all the cocking "Wooaaahhhs" in it?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He used to stop goals
He used to stop goals
Maty Ryan
He used to stop goals

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

That's TOTAL cringe.

That Bright-On song sung to the tune of 'Bright eyes' was the worst song we've ever sung by a country mile.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Just needs the last line fixing. Maty clearly doesn't give a shit about Palace, let alone hate them

He is always stood up when the North sing "Stand up if you hate palace"

In fairness, this is the one thing I would change and replace Palace with whatever team we are playing at the time... Or it doesn't track, maybe the name of their highest goalscorer.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In fact the more you analyse it in the cold light of day, just about ALL our songs are just that little bit shit. Apart from the tried and trusted Al-Bion! Al-Bion! At least it gets the whole crowd going. Even those few awake in the East Stand.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That Bright-On song sung to the tune of 'Bright eyes' was the worst song we've ever sung by a country mile.

Yes, but at least people realised Bright Eye and the Palace rip-off were utter pants.

The "small town" thing is STILL sung.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think the esteemed Fatty Taxman may have had a part to play in that.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

That's TOTAL cringe.

Personally I'd add the "we support our local team" one in there. Especially when the entire 24 hours before the game on social media the club has been bigging up Gully being in the US drumming up support.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yes, but at least people realised Bright Eye and the Palace rip-off were utter pants.

The "small town" thing is STILL sung.
Even after all these years of cringe the thickos still sing it.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Not as bad as 'small town in Villa...' :ffsparr:

The Socceroo song is a hybrid.

I despair that our esteemed songwriters are only able to come up with cover versions.

Simple works... Complex falls flat. It has to be a tune most recognise and the more familiar/natural the words the quicker it takes off.

Plus, I only learned at Wembley that not everyone was aware of the "newer" version of Murray Wonderland that gets belted out of the North. Apparently other parts of the ground weren't aware we called him a c**t but now he's upfront.

Said before, will say again, we ought to have a whole section of NSC dedicated to songs and agreed lyrics.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You've never had the total joy that is The Cardinal slurring it in to your earhole on a train home. Or maybe you have.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

That's TOTAL cringe.

Yep, and the VERY worst example of this was "You're just a small town near Delhi" sung at Luton. I mean really? REALLY?

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Wasn't this the chant he made up in an interview that was somehow was adopted? It is quite pony.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here