Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Chernobyl - TV series

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Thought it was a excellent well produced series just finished watching it

Horrific Heroic by thousands, and blatant stupidity of a few knows it seems no boundaries.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Strange race the Russians, batshit mentally brave yet fukwittery of the highest order seems the norm at East Stalinshire control.

I checked if the miners did what they did in the series and they did, absolute super brave nutters.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Strange race the Russians, batshit mentally brave yet fukwittery of the highest order seems the norm at East Stalinshire control.

I checked if the miners did what they did in the series and they did, absolute super brave nutters.
You ought to check out the podcast.

They go into great detail as to which aspects were verbatim, approximations and cr active license (of which there isn't much)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be rewatching this when the shutters come down.

In these times, lots of inspiration can be drawn from the Soviet miners who dug under the reactor knowing they would die. And the rest of the heroes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will be rewatching this when the shutters come down.

In these times, lots of inspiration can be drawn from the Soviet miners who dug under the reactor knowing they would die. And the rest of the heroes.

Again a reminder for all you with full and rewarding days who are now at a loss.

Companion Pieces are your saviours.

The Chernobyl podcast is a superb companion piece, in the wake of each episode.
So much behind the scenes much of which you'll be amazed to find are factual, right down to 'Finchy's' rooftop speech.

If nothing else, including the podcast turns an hour long show into a 2 hour time kill. :thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Again a reminder for all you with full and rewarding days who are now at a loss.

Companion Pieces are your saviours.

The Chernobyl podcast is a superb companion piece, in the wake of each episode.
So much behind the scenes much of which you'll be amazed to find are factual, right down to 'Finchy's' rooftop speech.

If nothing else, including the podcast turns an hour long show into a 2 hour time kill. [emoji106]
Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sounds good. Thanks for the suggestion.

My now favourite film podcast The Rewatchables has turned to The Cast Away.

We watched it last night and now I have a hour today already penciled in to listen to the pod - happy days :lol:

What a loser

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it came up in a couple of bit of Jnrs school work, before term ended, I've rewatched the series with him.

It's still a mightily impressive miniseries and still definitely worth you time, if you've previously missed it.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Just watched Chernobyl 1986 on Netflix - a new Russian movie with English subtitles . Focuses on the plight of the fire crews and its very very good . If you liked the TV series this is definitely worth a watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
My now favourite film podcast The Rewatchables has turned to The Cast Away.

We watched it last night and now I have a hour today already penciled in to listen to the pod - happy days :lol:

What a loser

If you like The Rewatchables then you’ll LOVE All the Right Movies. A group of mates from the North East who spend 2-3 hours dissecting their favourite films. Fantastic listen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you like The Rewatchables then you’ll LOVE All the Right Movies. A group of mates from the North East who spend 2-3 hours dissecting their favourite films. Fantastic listen.

But have they done Heat 3 times! :lol:

One of the first films done by The Rewatchables was Heat.
They did reHeat as a special for ep 100, as they'd finessed the format.
They're now doing a rereHeat, next month, for ep 200.
Bill's threatening to get Michael Mann in, but he won't, it'll just be 90 mins of bad Al Pacino impressions.

:lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Does it toe the party line and insist that only 31 people officially died from the disaster?!

Too lazy to look it up, but believe it wasn’t completely factually correct.

As Paul Ritter (RIP) said when the reactor blew: “Shit on it, Comrades!”

And later when sitting down for dinner: “Lovely bit of two-headed squirrel.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here