Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pulis has left Boro

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If they (supporters) didn't like Pullis' tactics they are unlikely to hire similar

Of course, Hughton's teams aren't exciting...
Newcastle 90 goals
Birmingham 78 goals
Brighton 72 goals
Brighton 74 goals

Just like Pulis...
Middlesbrough 49 goals
:rolleyes:

I'm sure they'd be devastated to get a manager with such a proven unexciting record in the Championship.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to enjoy his Stoke team giving the Arsenal’s of this world a good kicking......he’d love Duffy and Dunk......I honestly wouldn’t mind.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
fridges.jpg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I appreciate its been 20 years but it still upsets me that Boro aren't fun anymore. As a 10 year old, they were THE random team I really liked.

In the 96-7-8 period, they were SO fun.

Fun kits (pattern running down from shirt to shorts, club badge on sleeve
A player manager
Amazing combination of crap English players and foreign flair (Phil Stamp, Craig Hignett......Juninho and Ravanelli -was only 28 when he joined boro)

The LAW should be that they must stay fun and not be allowed people like Pulis there.

Totally agree. Loved them back in the day, and what a squad.

You had the likes of Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson, Beck, Branco (and I think Merson?) all interspersed with Craig Hignett, Nigel Pearson and Robbie Mustoe!

Amazingly I think the season they got relegated they scored 51 goals! The highest from any team outside the top seven. Mental.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Still got property in sandbanks I believe , easy commute. One things for sure is that he’ll keep you up and you won’t have to change the park the bus tactics .

Totally agree. 95% chance of staying up and playing marginally better football. Could do a lot worse.

When Palace took him on you knew they’d survive. Also remember a Glenn Murray master class vs Liverpool as well....not that he’d feature much next season under most managers.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Totally agree. Loved them back in the day, and what a squad.

You had the likes of Juninho, Ravanelli, Emerson, Beck, Branco (and I think Merson?) all interspersed with Craig Hignett, Nigel Pearson and Robbie Mustoe!

Amazingly I think the season they got relegated they scored 51 goals! The highest from any team outside the top seven. Mental.

Gazza as well, what year was he there?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm surprised Middlesbrough kept him until the end of the season. I'm convinced they would have made the play-offs had they appointed the right boss around Easter.

I'd rather have Big Sam than Tony Pulis. Highly unpleasant man with a high opinion of himself. Yes, he did well at Stoke but it was nice watching a bit of rugby union now and again. Once Rory Delap became less efficient that was that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm surprised Middlesbrough kept him until the end of the season. I'm convinced they would have made the play-offs had they appointed the right boss around Easter.

I'd rather have Big Sam than Tony Pulis. Highly unpleasant man with a high opinion of himself. Yes, he did well at Stoke but it was nice watching a bit of rugby union now and again. Once Rory Delap became less efficient that was that.

This.

I was surprised that Steve Gibson stuck with Pulis as they fell away, allied to his awful football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here