Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why does the above link take me to a really old Pro Evo thread? 2003?

Or have I been whooshed again?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Strange...try this one? https://www.northstandchat.com/conte...-1-1-Newcastle
    Tony Bloom's Blue and White army!
    "Selling Kayal now would be the equivalent of winning star baker every week during weeks 1-5 of Bake Off before turning up pissed on week 6, slapping Mary Berry on the arse, hurling racist insults at Paul Hollywood and offering Mel and Sue a threes up. It would be the end of our season."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      Article links don't work properly on Tapatalk. Which is shite - but Tapatalk's issue, not NSCs (I believe)
      Thanks.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      The other thing I'd note, is that Jahanbakhsh's heat map for his position in Holland, was predominantly on the right wing, where he has played much of the time for us. Not sure where this out of position opinion for us comes from?
      Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Elephant View Post
      Jahanbakhsh, rather than Izquierdo. Played woefully out of position, in case that hasn't previously been mentioned.
      Interesting and inciteful information re Ali J. I only have the twitter link so if anyone else can post please do.

https://twitter.com/smarterscout/sta...945209857?s=08
      face piles of trials, with smiles
      it riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Tactician View Post
      That goes to the same Pro Evo thread from 2003 when using Tapatalk. It works in Opera though

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Tactician View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Bwian View Post
      That goes to the same Pro Evo thread from 2003 when using Tapatalk. It works in Opera though

I'm pretty sure you can't get to articles on tapatalk because they are on the Read The Albion tab and not the Forums. TT only seems to support the forum tab. Why it then redirects to a random (but always the same) url I am not sure. @Bozza is that about right?
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      Are you angling for a role in the Albion technical team?

Jokes notwithstanding fantastically put together and executed. More please. Hopefully next season in a more positive light of how we put a team to the sword!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post
      The 'distance covered' stats prove that to be the case
      The distance covered stat doesn't really prove anything in regards to our team. Not with our tactical set up last season anyway. And I'm big on stats.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      I'm pretty sure you can't get to articles on tapatalk because they are on the Read The Albion tab and not the Forums. TT only seems to support the forum tab. Why it then redirects to a random (but always the same) url I am not sure. @Bozza is that about right?
      Yeah, Tapatalk doesn't work with the vBulletin content system for some reason. I've just had a search on Tapatalk support forums and other people have asked the same, but the last update I can see was in 2014 and there's no definite indication of the outcome.

There is a newer version of the Tapatalk plugin available, so I'll see if I can get that installed tonight to see if it helps.

The only option otherwise is to open the thread in Tapatalk and then go to the web view option from which the link should work (it does on iOS anyway).

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barham's tash View Post
      Are you angling for a role in the Albion technical team?

Jokes notwithstanding fantastically put together and executed. More please. Hopefully next season in a more positive light of how we put a team to the sword!
      Ha! I wish, would be an absolute dream job. Definitely happy to do more of these if people are interested, and indeed, hopefully next year I'm able to write up a piece on how we stunned Man City at the Etihad, or dominated Palace in our 0-4 win at Selhurst
      Tony Bloom's Blue and White army!
      "Selling Kayal now would be the equivalent of winning star baker every week during weeks 1-5 of Bake Off before turning up pissed on week 6, slapping Mary Berry on the arse, hurling racist insults at Paul Hollywood and offering Mel and Sue a threes up. It would be the end of our season."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      Some of our players are simply not up to the tactical demands of the Premier League. I've watched both Locadia and Jahanbaksh struggle with their defensive roles, tracking opponents up to a point then losing concentration or simply giving up. Ali J against Bernardo Silva and Kyle Walker on Sunday was a case in point. He did okay when he remembered what he was supposed to do out of possession but spent too much of the first half ball-watching and Bernardo had to keep reminding him where he was supposed to be. That, though, is what happens when you sign players who have been used to playing in one way and ask them to do something they're not familiar with.

As for pressing, it's tentative at best. Murray hasn't got the energy and once the defender he presses passes to a teammate, that's it. Coaches like Pochettino start the press when the goalkeeper has the ball, which is what Murray would do in one of his teams, and uses wide attackers and the number ten to press the back three or four - but that takes super-fit players. I thought when the players were saying that the pre-season had been very tough that we might improve in that area - okay, not at Pochettino levels - but if anything we look much less fitter than other teams, all over the pitch.
      This 100%. Several Albion players lack the ability and pace required in an elite league.

As for gegenpressing, we donít have the players just yet able to carry that out, that is, with relentless stamina, pace and mobility.

This coming transfer window will be interesting.