0 Not allowed!
    Pablo Machin

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albumen View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Rafa again. RAFA! Do you think he's at Newcastle for fun? His job NEEDS to be in the North as his family has been settled there since his Liverpool days. It's widely known.
      How did they cope when he was at Naples and Madrid? Not going to happen but I don’t think the family NEEDS him as much as you are suggesting

A quick look on Google shows his kids as being 17 and 20, they’ll probably cope OK
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

0 Not allowed!
      It's no wonder Potter is flying ahead when you stick him next to Phil Neville on a poll.

0 Not allowed!
      I don't want Phil Neville although I think it could be heading that way given Ashworth's previous dalliances with him at England level.
      Although having said that Neville has been good with the kids for England.
      Apart from all that's been said on here I know nothing about Potter but after reading about him he sounds interesting
      But neither of those have managed in the Premier League so we'd be taking a bit of a risk
      One who has managed there is Rafa and if he were to bring Rondon and Shelvey with him I wouldn't be averse (though I'd have to stop yelling "fat Spanish waiter" at him) - but Rafa's wages would probably be prohibitive and, if he won't move down from the North as has been stated up above, that is a non starter too.
      Just wish Tony would hurry up and get it done and then the new man has plenty of chances get acclimatised for the rest of the close season.
      We learned more from a three minute record baby than we ever learned in school
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      André Villas-Boas
      Last edited by perseus; 17-05-2019 at 14:11.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      It's no wonder Potter is flying ahead when you stick him next to Phil Neville on a poll.
      Oh that there was someone else rumoured eh?

0 Not allowed!
      Any more info on why people would want Rafa? IMO which really matters to me, He's a poor me type manager who said at Newcastle many times if I'd been given the same budget as Man Utd we'd be able to compete (his words not mine).

So he's basically saying sorry we're not going to do very well on a 100 million player budget I want 200 million to start, he's correct of course, but that's how it is.

What we want is a manager who Can make us a better team with the budget provided not a defeatist mentality manager who overpraises the opposition mainly because he lacks confidence in his own squads ability to compete against them.

I'm not even sure I'd want him here with a massive budget that we won't have, if we had a choice of any manager we wanted I would drive smug Eddie here myself, say what you like about him but he ticks all my boxes.
      RIP MUM XX

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Taybha View Post
      Any more info on why people would want Rafa? IMO which really matters to me, He's a poor me type manager who said at Newcastle many times if I'd been given the same budget as Man Utd we'd be able to compete (his words not mine).

So he's basically saying sorry we're not going to do very well on a 100 million player budget I want 200 million to start, he's correct of course, but that's how it is.

What we want is a manager who Can make us a better team with the budget provided not a defeatist mentality manager who overpraises the opposition mainly because he lacks confidence in his own squads ability to compete against them.

I'm not even sure I'd want him here with a massive budget that we won't have, if we had a choice of any manager we wanted I would drive smug Eddie here myself, say what you like about him but he ticks all my boxes.
      He’d drive himself back within the month
      Two Mad Professors Two Professors's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Chris back,with a decent budget and a say in who to sign,instead of Dutch league rejects.
      If you have mental problems,it might be good manners to tell me before you start the abuse.Thank you.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      I wanna get back on the Gus Bus
      It's genuinely fascinating to speculate on how Gus would fare with our current set up now that we are in the Premier League. Sadly that well has been poisoned and we'll never know.
      Albion and Rhinos forever.