Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] OT NSC help

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Does anyone know if there is a setting on NSC that takes you to the last post you read when you open a thread again. Trying to keep up with the Potter thread has been a 'mare if I haven't noted the number of the last page read, and then moving more than 5 pages at a time is clunky. Thanks.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone know if there is a setting on NSC that takes you to the last post you read when you open a thread again. Trying to keep up with the Potter thread has been a 'mare if I haven't noted the number of the last page read, and then moving more than 5 pages at a time is clunky. Thanks.

You just need to click on "View First Unread" when you re-open the thread, as shown below:-

Unread.jpg

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I'd recommend getting the same browser software on both (Google Chrome is the obvious choice, but also Firefox or other choices), make sure you're logged in to the browser on each device with tracking cookies allowed, and make sure you're logged in to NSC on each device with "remember me" ticked.

The cookies should then do their magic to track your usage and remember where you left off.

Edit: as another thought - are you clicking the little grey "go to first new post" icons to the left of the thread titles? If you just click the thread title itself, it'll take you to the start of the thread. This might be the problem?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just click the "First New Post" button to open the thread. Takes you straight to the last place you viewed the thread from.

fnp.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

D

Deleted member 2719

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here