Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am sure that if the law stated that the hosting company were liable for fines of £millions for this if they could not identify the abuser, they would soon find a way to identify them.

But the problem is they are mainly US companies, with servers hosted all over the world - including places like Ukraine etc. So how do you legislate for this. We've also seen instances of social media companies using peoples informational for fairly unethical purposes, so do we want to give them even more personal information?

You also have the problem of what to do with whistle blowers, or in countries say where being a homosexual is illegal - do we want this kind of information be 'available' to local authorities?

Lastly, if even Mark Zuckerburg won't attend UK Select committees or US congress when asked to - why do we think they'd comply with anything we might want to impose.

It is a very difficult thing to solve and I am not really sure how

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9719611 said:
19 times out of 20 that shot goes in, he did very little wrong

To me it looked like a great block rather than a bad miss.
They both did well to get into those positions.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
To me it looked like a great block rather than a bad miss.
They both did well to get into those positions.

Sorry, but it was a terrible miss.

It was harder to miss than score, of course the defender has done well, but there is a massive target - there is no way that should have been anything other than a goal.

It doesn't mean Connolly is a terrible player or anything like that (remains in the very promising bracket IMO),

I think there's quite a few on here being very generous.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Sorry, but it was a terrible miss.

It was harder to miss than score, of course the defender has done well, but there is a massive target - there is no way that should have been anything other than a goal.

It doesn't mean Connolly is a terrible player or anything like that (remains in the very promising bracket IMO),

I think there's quite a few on here being very generous.

Firstly with a name like Teddy Maybank, it seems strange for you to be so critical of strikers missing goals. Lol. Secondly you assume that Aaron knew the blocker was on his way.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
It was a shocking miss let’s not dress it up any other way. The boy doesn’t deserve the abuse he got on Twitter but if these boys want to be on there it goes with the territory.

Footballers have always received abuse when things haven’t gone well. The abuse at the Goldstone for poor performing players used to be horrific. Poor John Crumplin got stack loads and the famous ‘football genius’ chant started off as a total piss take, Gary Chivers was another that got dogs abuse.

Then there was Guy Butters getting shocking abuse on here that even ended up getting reported in national media. And many many others.

It’s not a new thing and goes with the territory of being a pro. I’m sure the £30k+ Aaron earns helps sweeten the trauma.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
It was a shocking miss let’s not dress it up any other way. The boy doesn’t deserve the abuse he got on Twitter but if these boys want to be on there it goes with the territory.

Footballers have always received abuse when things haven’t gone well. The abuse at the Goldstone for poor performing players used to be horrific. Poor John Crumplin got stack loads and the famous ‘football genius’ chant started off as a total piss take, Gary Chivers was another that got dogs abuse.

Then there was Guy Butters getting shocking abuse on here that even ended up getting reported in national media. And many many others.

It’s not a new thing and goes with the territory of being a pro. I’m sure the £30k+ Aaron earns helps sweeten the trauma.

But it shouldn't... that's the point

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think they are referring to this thread - Hopefully the end of Connolly

This is the opening post (liked 16 times):-

Correct. A horrific thread title. Shame on the folk who “liked it” and have the hypocrisy to condemn the Twitter attacks.

I stand by my post in that thread at the time:

This thread title is an utter disgrace and an embarrassment to our fan base. It should be renamed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm still waiting and I'm not going away. I did not like the post you accused me of and considering the content of it, I do not want to be associated with it.

Sorry (for real), my screen resolution when checking who thumbed someone up is pretty weird and I only saw the "Badger" part. I should not have jumped to conclusions. Honest mistake but too sloppy. Sorry.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Firstly with a name like Teddy Maybank, it seems strange for you to be so critical of strikers missing goals. Lol. Secondly you assume that Aaron knew the blocker was on his way.

Not an assumption - he should have known, way too nonchalant for me.

How dare you knock Teddy Maybank, scorer of our first goal in the top division and key goals in the run in...... [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
For Teddy that would have been a half chance at best...

No better than Connolly apparently, judging by the comments [emoji23][emoji23]

Edit - hadn’t realised he’d been abused in Twitter. As a platform Twitter is terrible, too many morons on it......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sorry (for real), my screen resolution when checking who thumbed someone up is pretty weird and I only saw the "Badger" part. I should not have jumped to conclusions. Honest mistake but too sloppy. Sorry.

Apology accepted. I went back in to see what caused the confusion and it was clear, but I appreciate your apology.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Correct. A horrific thread title. Shame on the folk who “liked it” and have the hypocrisy to condemn the Twitter attacks.

I stand by my post in that thread at the time:

I said exactly the same, more than once.

Got shouted down. Something about freedom of speech

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Totally disagree. People who give abuse on twitter or anywhere need to know they are totally isolated

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
a) genuinely no idea what thread you are talking about, and somewhat resent the Implication that NSC is somehow complicit in whatever is going on.

b) as far as I can see there have been no reports on any such thread, which doesn't really help if there is something untoward knocking about.

So now you know, do you still resent the above implication? (though i'm not implying anything. In my view, NSC is complicit)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I watched it and in my opinion it was an instinctive strike and a corresponding instinctive lunge, either could have been miss timed and I think the Spurs player was lucky to make contact and it could have gone anywhere, even into the goal.
99 times out of 100 it would have gone in, I was glad to see the instinctive strike instead of trying to get it in on a collar and lead.
Good for Connolly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here