https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?351970-I-m-Off-for-a-few-months

maxresdefault.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
['
Very funny bringing a post up from 7th October 2017
Are you trolling me or just got too much time on your hands?

Both. Trolling (some) people is fun and I definitely had 30 seconds to spare to click the "Find the latest created threads" link on your profile. Probably even if it would have taken 30 minutes. Much time on my hands and not enough hands on my time. And from the looks of it likely to stay that way for a while, meaning you and I will be able to spend lots of time together. :rave:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
['

Both. Trolling (some) people is fun and I definitely had 30 seconds to spare to click the "Find the latest created threads" link on your profile. Probably even if it would have taken 30 minutes. Much time on my hands and not enough hands on my time. And from the looks of it likely to stay that way for a while, meaning you and I will be able to spend lots of time together. :rave:

In that case I'll put you on Ignore - cheerio weirdo.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think he gets too much shit for that miss. He did exactly what you are supposed to do in that situation - direct at goal on the first touch. If he had tried to dribble Alderweireld or some shit I'd understand giving him some shit for the miss, but as it was... just a great block from Alderweireld. Quite pleased with his performance, he killed off a lot of seconds.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Think he gets too much shit for that miss. He did exactly what you are supposed to do in that situation - direct at goal on the first touch. If he had tried to dribble Alderweireld or some shit I'd understand giving him some shit for the miss, but as it was... just a great block from Alderweireld. Quite pleased with his performance, he killed off a lot of seconds.

He f***** it up.

He's young and he'll learn

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Agree. Just an amazing block, nothing wrong with the finish.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s somewhere in the middle for me.

Not a miss, he got it on target.

Half a great block, half a bit too casual with the finish. We move on, I still rate Aaron.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Sorry, I don’t agree.

Too nonchalant, bad miss.

Doesn’t matter, as long as he learns.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Anyone else feel physically sick like I did when he missed? I thought we were doomed to screw it up after that!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A quality striker removes the possibility of a block.
No harm done though.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Got the feeling he was celebrating before he even struck it..........I nearly Puked !!!!

As another poster said, no harm done........but gotta take those.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Striker is a position where apart from the truly exceptional, (Rooney, Owen, Rashford) etc, hardly any are prolific at the top level until they are 23+

Kane, DCL, Bamford were all written off at that age

Salah got shipped from Chelsea. Lebandowski nearly went to Blackburn Gnabry couldn't get in the Stoke side

Vardy and Callum Wilson were well down the leagues at that age

I could probably think of loads of strikers who came good at around 23.

It's just a position where you need to learn harsh lessons to improve... like he just did tonight.

Every minute Aaron plays is an investment in his future

There's no guarantee he'll make it .... but to me it looks as if the ingredients are there

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone else feel physically sick like I did when he missed? I thought we were doomed to screw it up after that!

All I kept saying:
I can’t stop thinking about that Connolly miss
7 mins and I’ll forgive Connolly for that miss
3 mins and I’ll forgive Connolly for that miss

He seemed to act like the defender wasn’t there and he was unaware of it. Could have taken a touch, just made sure it went high, aimed in the corner more...

Feel for him there a bit but luckily didn’t matter. Hopefully won’t make a mistake like that again...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1356607011308376064[/tweet]

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Worth pointing out as per Naylor's Tweet, the majority of the abuse came from gamblers, which is not to say that there were not Brighton fans amongst them. It just shows the level of global scutiny these players are under.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here