Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aaron Connolly - Premier League 2 Player of the Season

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Need to get him a move to a top League 1/lower Champ side this season I think.
If Charlton don't go up, they'd be good. Luton have a new manager so depends if he wants him.
Possibly Stoke with Nathan?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You think Tony Bloom is spending 4-5 million per year on the academy, has recruited Dan Ashworth as Technical Director (whose main reputation is for enabling the development of young players), and has fired Chris Hughton (who didn't give a single academy youngster - other than Christian Walton - a league start in his 4 & 1/2 years as manager).....only to appoint a manager who ISN'T committed to youth development?

Blimey.

Well, i'm absolutely sure the new manager will have to face interview questions along the line of "tell me about a time you've developed a young player". The question for Connolly, along with the other players, especially the attacking ones, is what sort of goal scoring strategy will the new manager go for? Will we be a counter attacking side? Will we rely on long spells of possession? Will we be long ball? Under Hughton, I couldn't see Connolly ever playing. Not that Hughton wouldn't play a young player, but that a fox in the box type, was never going to feature. He wanted a back post goal scorer and a centre circle hold up man. (Murray in other words).

I think Connolly's short term future depends on who we get and what his preferred style is.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Too short...oh hang on that’s the goalie

But on a serious note congratulations to the lad...look forward to seeing him in the first team squad one day

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A big well done to Aaron.Don't waste him out on loan.Get him in the squad for pre-season to get his eye in, start him in the cup games.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
From watching the u23's, I can see there is probably 3 or 4 who 'could' make the step up. Gyokeres, Connolly and Molumby, even Tilley. Ahannach has impressed me as well.
We're not devoid of talent, but if the manager doesn't buy a ticket, he won't win the raffle

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Im not going to count away at Man City & Liverpool. A run of ten games with Locadia at number 9 never happened, despite Murray being crap for months.

Murray scored as many Premier League goals as Pogba, Jimenez and Lacazette this season. But carry on with your negative spiral if that’s what you want.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
He should be in our first team squad. This is evidence of one of Chris’s biggest faults. He just didn’t give youth enough of a chance.

Oh, and congratulations to the lad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A little bit guesswork but......

Apparently Connolly may go on season long loan to Gillingham.

Source - Steve Evans at question and answer session at Gillingham.

I understand from my pal Evans mentioned....

In talks with a young forward at Toulon tournament.
Smaller PL club

And Connolly Scored against Peterborough last season.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
A little bit guesswork but......

Apparently Connolly may go on season long loan to Gillingham.

Source - Steve Evans at question and answer session at Gillingham.

I understand from my pal Evans mentioned....

In talks with a young forward at Toulon tournament.
Smaller PL club

And Connolly Scored against Peterborough last season.

Could well happen, although I should imagine Potter would want to have a look at him first during pre-season before deciding to send him out on loan.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Did I read he scored for the Republic U-21's the other day?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here