NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's fine though because he's a "character"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent, about time we had a 21st century ramped up McEnroe type tantrum thrower in tennis

Love it :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's one of the highlights of going to Wimbledon now, he can make outrageous shots and also have brilliant tantrums. He loves the attention but I do worry about the effect it's having on him mentally. He gave an interview slagging off Nadal, Djokovic and Murray a couple of days ago;

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/ne...sore-loser-rafa-nadal-and-sick-novak-djokovic

Thing is, he's not wrong. Djokovic is desperate to be as popular as Federer, which isn't going to happen. Nadal is a terrible loser, but that's partly why he's such a Champion. Murray's record against Djokovic is dreadful, including half a dozen or more major finals. Tennis has been very nice for years and years, which is obviously a good thing - but having a rebel thrown in isn't the worst thing in the world.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's one of the highlights of going to Wimbledon now, he can make outrageous shots and also have brilliant tantrums. He loves the attention but I do worry about the effect it's having on him mentally. He gave an interview slagging off Nadal, Djokovic and Murray a couple of days ago;

https://www.skysports.com/tennis/ne...sore-loser-rafa-nadal-and-sick-novak-djokovic

Thing is, he's not wrong. Djokovic is desperate to be as popular as Federer, which isn't going to happen. Nadal is a terrible loser, but that's partly why he's such a Champion. Murray's record against Djokovic is dreadful, including half a dozen or more major finals. Tennis has been very nice for years and years, which is obviously a good thing - but having a rebel thrown in isn't the worst thing in the world.

I love this quote from him on that link:

"He was a great player. But as soon as I beat him, it's just like he has no respect for me, my fans and no respect to the game. It's not a good look for you, I feel."

It's almost as if he lacks self-awareness :lolol:

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Had the potential to be the best in the world as he can be a genius
However seems to have severe mental health issues as has done this sort of thing over a number of years and is still very immature
Not a punters pal

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I love this quote from him on that link:

"He was a great player. But as soon as I beat him, it's just like he has no respect for me, my fans and no respect to the game. It's not a good look for you, I feel."

It's almost as if he lacks self-awareness :lolol:

My favourite is his trashing of Murray's record against Djokovic, it's well known how friendly Kyrgios and Murray are so it's quite tongue in cheek - but it is true. It's just that other people won't say these things. I think he probably needs to get his head screwed on, but showing emotion on the court isn't the worst thing in the world. He has the talent, he just doesn't have the mental strength. Or, possibly, ANY mental strength.

Keeps showing up for the tournaments, though.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Got serious mental health issues that boy. Surprised they keep allowing him to play. It can't be doing him any good.

I don't get why people automatically assume someone must have mental health issues just because they act like a bellend.

He doesn't have to be wrong in the head. He's just a ****. Like the obnoxious boss who won't give you a pay rise, or the idiot who cuts you up in traffic, or the goon who spits chewing gum on the pavement in front of you. They're just prime examples of life's missed abortions.

The censored word btw is meant to be the T-word, not the C-word.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
When it comes to bad boys who can actually play, Kyrgios isn't fit to lace up the shoes of McEnroe, Connors or others.

He's never been ranked in the top 10 players - his highest-ever ranking is #13 in the world back in Oct 16. Last month, he was #34.

He's only reached the QF of a Grand Slam tournament twice - Australian in '14 and Wimbledon in '15. R3 in US and French. That's it.

If you're going to be a bit of a character on court, you've got to have the game to back it up. He's never shown that he can do it over a fortnight.

To give a comparision with another temperamental underachiever, Marat Safin broke 48 racquets during 1999 and 1,055 during his entire career.

But Safin was also World #1, won 2 Grand Slams and reached the SF of the other 2. At least he actually made it to the very top.

Kyrgios can have a strop when he's earned the right to do so by winning something of note.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't get why people automatically assume someone must have mental health issues just because they act like a bellend.

He doesn't have to be wrong in the head. He's just a ****. Like the obnoxious boss who won't give you a pay rise, or the idiot who cuts you up in traffic, or the goon who spits chewing gum on the pavement in front of you. They're just prime examples of life's missed abortions.

The censored word btw is meant to be the T-word, not the C-word.

Your post started so well until it got more and more unpleasant and immoral.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Keeps showing up for the tournaments, though.

Money. Junior did some work experience at Wimbledon last summer. Lots of examples of even unfit players rocking up, playing a set or so and then being ‘injured’ and conceding the match. Several £’000 for even a first round loss, so worth the effort.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Your post started so well until it got more and more unpleasant and immoral.

Hey, sorry you're right - I was out of order. Having not had the best of weeks, I vented from the safety of my PC screen. I exaggerated and didn't mean it, so I take it back. Sorry to anyone else who wasn't impressed with that post.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got serious mental health issues that boy. Surprised they keep allowing him to play. It can't be doing him any good.

Sounds plausible (I haven't read the details).

And, yes. Presumably the franchise owners are looking at the interest and income generated from a talented car crash. Too many Jeremy Kyle fans running branches of the 'entertainment industry'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here